No announcement yet.

why does Marquez get a pass?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why does Marquez get a pass?

Why is Marquez the only boxer who constantly gets a pass on opponent selection? If Pacquiao, Martinez, Donaire, JCCjr, Gracia, (plus every other active fighter) doesn't fight the best in their weight class its an automatic cherry pick or they are ducking another fighter. But Marquez's constant avoidance of top ranked fighters comes with ready made excuses, why is this?

And before we get on the stay busy fight before pacquiao, at this point isn't pacquiao a cherry pick for Marquez? He has arguably beat manny 2 times, definitely beat him in fight 3, and floored him and KOed him in 6 rounds in fight 4.

cuz he's the best man. he did it

Comment

He can do what he wants. He's boss

Comment

Why does God get a pass in the Bible for committing genocide?

Same thing here really.

You don't argue against The Almighty.

Comment

He takes bonafide tune ups to prepare for future fights instead of staying inactive. It's an approach seen less and less but it makes sense. Some fighters aren't willing to risk losing, even if it's a small risk, when they have something better guaranteed regardless.

Comment

While I do agree with the OP's point, Marquez is 39 and in the twilight of his career. I find it more acceptable for Marquez to fight Fedchenko than for Canelo to fight Rhodes. The Ramos fight was a joke though, so complain about that one all you want lol

Comment

virtually all of the ATG's took tune ups.

it's only recently that whining b#tchmade f#ggots have had a forum to complain about it.

pernell whitaker, a very recent bonafide great, took a grip of tune ups when he jumped to WW. that's honestly the way it shoudl be done.

my only issue is that one of the tune ups was ppv. i got that b#tch on a river. if you are taking a tune up it shouldn't cost money for us to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                virtually all of the ATG's took tune ups.

it's only recently that whining b#tchmade f#ggots have had a forum to complain about it.

pernell whitaker, a very recent bonafide great, took a grip of tune ups when he jumped to WW. that's honestly the way it shoudl be done.

my only issue is that one of the tune ups was ppv. i got that b#tch on a river. if you are taking a tune up it shouldn't cost money for us to watch.
                Im all for tune ups for long lay offs or to perpare for a certain type of fighter.
                I can see where manny would need a tune up for Marquez but why would marquez need a tune up for manny?

But my point is why does marquez get a "tune up" and everyone else is "cherry picking"

Comment

Originally posted by Jordank View Post
                  Im all for tune ups for long lay offs or to perpare for a certain type of fighter.
                  I can see where manny would need a tune up for Marquez but why would marquez need a tune up for manny?

But my point is why does marquez get a "tune up" and everyone else is "cherry picking"
                  Marquez doesn't need a tune up, Pacman does. What Marquez will do is stay busy.

Comment

Cause he's old as ****

Comment

Working...
                    X