No announcement yet.

valeuv or willard?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• valeuv or willard?

who's better? nicolay valuev or jess willard?

or
    valuev
    35.00%
    willard
    65.00%

Originally posted by butterfly1964
    who's better? nicolay valuev or jess willard?

or
    Hard to tell. Neither man is very impressive. Being an nostalgic sucker for the old days, I say that Jess Willard was the better one.

Comment

willard by far he would completely outclass valuev and win every round

Comment

Only thing i've seen from Willard is him getting slaughtered by Dempsey. He was slow, slower than Valuev so..

Comment

Originally posted by Yaman
          Only thing i've seen from Willard is him getting slaughtered by Dempsey. He was slow, slower than Valuev so..
          so dempsey wouldn't slaughter valuev?

Comment

Willard had a better chin, better power, better skills, and he was quicker. He never had a chance with Dempsey, he was badly hurt early on. See him against Johnson to see what a force he could be. Johnson was passed his best but was still an all time great puncher and nothing he threw at Willard made him take a backward step.

Comment

i would probably say that willard was better.

Comment

still waiting to see about Valuev

We already know that Valuev is far from being an all-time great heavyweight based on his inability to do any better than barely squeaking by with wins vs. Larry Donald and John Ruiz, but it remains to be seen just how durable he is. So far as I know, nobody has ever hurt him or knocked him down. That being the case, it's possible that his size makes him immune to all but the biggest punchers around. That being said, it's realistically possible only to beat him by outpointing him or tiring him out so badly that he can barely continue, and then finally landing a big punch when he's too tired to defend himself. Somebody may do exactly that some day.

Most really big guys aren't great warriors, because they never had to be. Most bullies and guys with a chip on their shoulder look for easier targets, so giant guys are rarely challenged physically. When they finally are in a tough battle they sometimes react timidly. Let's see what happens when somebody big enough and skilled enough starts to really land big shots on Valuev. I'll bet that he folds under the pressure. I hope that we don't have to wait too long to find out!

Comment

I go with Willard, he has a win over Jack Johnson, not an easy feat even though Johnson was past his prime.

Comment

valuev wud dispose of willard very easily, willard was a giant back then, now there are many fighters his size,

Comment

Working...
                    X