No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Robert Garcia: No Doubt, Donaire Beats Rigondeaux

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Robert Garcia: No Doubt, Donaire Beats Rigondeaux

When it comes to trainers in the sport of boxing, you will be hard pressed to find a coach surrounded by as much talent as Robert Garcia.

All one has to do is become familiar with Garcia’s gym in Oxnard, California to understand that he is around not only high-level prizefighters, such as guys like former champion Brandon Rios, but also budding amateur and professional prospects in several divisions.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I agree, Donaire to me seems like a more complete fighter and I don't really like that amateur style that Rigo seems to use so much. Weight on the back foot, two shots at a time.....

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
      I agree, Donaire to me seems like a more complete fighter and I don't really like that amateur style that Rigo seems to use so much. Weight on the back foot, two shots at a time.....
      Most sharpshooter boxers must be amateur stylists then as well according to your logic?

Comment

Too bad Rigondeaux doesn't excite Donaire enough to get the fight.

If it was as easy as they are saying, they'd take the fight and unify titles in a heart beat.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post

If it was as easy as they are saying, they'd take the fight and unify titles in a heart beat.
          thats where I'm at with this one. arum/garcia/matchmakers know this isn't an easy fight for donaire or they are worried he wont look good if he were to win.

Comment

Originally posted by AyoMaDu View Post
            Most sharpshooter boxers must be amateur stylists then as well according to your logic?
            The fact that rigo had almost 400 amateur fights is proof of that so it's not like I'm stretching the truth.

To answer your question though, no. It just seems to me that Rigo fights that way all the time. I have seen sharp shooting boxers adjust to the pro ranks, much like Mark Johnson did.

At the end of the day, to be a popular boxer you need to make exciting fights and Rigo doesn't have many of them. At least Donaire takes chances to make good fights or at least tries to but some of his opponents just want to survive.

Comment

I really don't like when trainers start talking about who their fighter will beat. What else do we expect Garcia to say? And then they wind up making themselves look bad in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post

nahh it's not that easy...rigo is already asking for more money. he laughed at $200K purse so he should be expecting much more than that. HBO will not put up a $1M purse for that fight when they only gave donaire-nishioka $850K. that's why it's stupid when people compare rigo with the mathebula and narvaez fights. those guys were paid so much less.

Comment

make the fight then. simple proposition.

Comment

Originally posted by PR ESQ. View Post
                    make the fight then. simple proposition.
                    Bingo. He's got a title, and obviously they realize a lot of fans are calling for it, or the trainer would not be subtly acknowledging it in press quotes like these.

Just make the fight, and move on.

Comment

Working...
                    X