No announcement yet.

Referee stoppages are ruining boxing for me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Referee stoppages are ruining boxing for me

Don't get me wrong, I love Kenny Bayless as a referee but referees are given too much authority over ending fights that it becomes ridiculous sometimes. I recognize the fact that they have the best interest of the fighter inside the ring but they have to give the boxers the benefit of the doubt! For last night's fight, Amir even looked worse during the first KD compared to the third and the ref didn't wave it off. He asked the fighter if he was ok, the fighter said yes, but still waved it off. Come on! Boxers are warriors. Unless they clearly show hints of quitting, then the fight should not be stopped by the refs!

How I wish all refs are like Steve Smoger and let the fighters fight and decide the outcome!

That was a good stoppage, it have been stopped much sooner. Seems like some people are not happy unless a fighter is carried out on a fukin stretcher.

Comment

fight should have been stopped earlier imo. but hey, if u see it that way...

Comment

"I think it was a good stoppage. He never really recovered from the first knockdown. The referee did the right thing"

-Freddie Roach

Comment

It was the correct decision to call it off. Khan looked ok but he would have been finished on another big shot.

The first knock down it probably should have been over.

Comment

A fighter doesn't need to be out cold on the floor for the fight to be over. Khan was done last night even if he said he was OK. It's not natural for a mans brains to be scrambled like that, why let him take even more punches. We don't want another McClellan on our hands and all its takes as a few punches too much. The Referees have a hard job, it's ok for us watching for entertainment but the man between the fighters is responsible for their well being. Imagine given someone too many chances and it being the end of them, how do you live with that? I agree some stoppages can be early but let's show refs some respect, they have difficult decisions to make.

Comment

Good stoppage, Amir lives to fight another day and we get to see him in action again.

Comment

The mystery man in the hat gave the signal to Kenny Bayless.

Comment

If that fight was in England it would of been stopped in the after the first knockdown

Comment

Khan was KO'd by the first punch. Bayless gave him ages to recover, counting to 8 and then talking to him for a further 5-6 secs before lettgin the fight continue. He wwas knocked down on 29 and the fight resumed on 10. He was KO'd IMO

Comment

Working...
                    X