Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Cotto would've kept his composure and kept doing what he was doing in the first

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BOX-A-LOT View Post
    ....two rounds. I think he may have had a decent shot at an upset, hmm.

Things went downhill for Miguel in the 3rd round, where he got kd'd. It's like the famous Mike Tyson quote, "Everyone has a plan, until they get hit". Well, Miguel got rocked. And from there, he forgot about the jab.

Cotto decided to go for broke in the third and just tried to come at PAC from then on and paid a severe beating for it.
    cotto needed to back pac off to respect his power.... too bad pac ate cotto's best shots and smiled.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
      He became overconfident in his strength, size and power. He didn't think that this former featherweight could bang with him and he was wrong. After he got hurt that first time and I'm talking about the second knockdown, he realized he was in with someone that could really hurt him and he lost his composure.
      Agree. He wasn't the same after that second knock down and I also think that he thought he was just going to be able to hurt Pac with ease and not be hurt in return.

Originally posted by pacman777 View Post
      pac said he was trying to get hit in first...
      Yep, in the post fight he said he wanted to get hit so that Cotto would know he couldn't hurt him. He also was very candid and said he took the punches and faked like he wasn't hurt and it worked. I'm not saying that Pac was really hurt but he admitted that he was hurt a bit but pretended he wasn't.

Once Cotto realized that Manny could hurt him and Manny could take his shots, he abandoned his game plan.

Comment

Things went downhill for Miguel in the 3rd round, where he got kd'd. It's like the famous Mike Tyson quote, "Everyone has a plan, until they get hit". Well, Miguel got rocked. And from there, he forgot about the jab.

Cotto decided to go for broke in the third and just tried to come at PAC from then on and paid a severe beating for it.
        How the hell can you keep your composer when your being delt with something you can’t handle. As soon as Manny stepped it up a notch after the feeling out rounds. Cotto found himself being led into a dance he didn‘t have rhythm to. Even Cotto said he couldn’t see the shots coming. The man was clearly dominated and out classed period so stop dreaming my friend. Trust me I know the feeling. Am still getting over Mosley’s ass whipping on Marg’s and Marg’s plaster-like ****. No hating here just stop being a ***** about it and move on from the excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
          Maybe, Maybe not. But he did abandon his jab and went wild and paid for it!
          Yeah you would agree. I know your itching for excuses on Cotto's beat down.

Comment

Manny adjusted to what Cotto did in the first when Cotto tried to go back to it. Bottom line, Manny overwhelmed Cotto, he does it to lots of fighters. Nothing to be ashamed of.

Comment

He started the first round really well, when he outboxing Pacquiao, snapping his head back with that jab.

His problem came when he took a crude approach and tried muscling him out of the fight. In doing that he left himself open when Pacquioa kinda pulled away. Unfortunately he got knocked down which made him want to establish himself more, then he got knocked down and hurt.

The second knock down ended the fight. It's not in the least bit shameful in my eyes, if you've been in a fight before you will realise how one punch can make your night very long. It can kill your momentum.

Call me foolish but if Cotto were to have a rematch with Pacquiao I think it would be more competitive than the fight that just passed.

Comment

Originally posted by zalez787 View Post
                You beat me to the thread but yes , nice observation , now people are going to come in here and say ohh!!! Cottards!!!! , but reality is Cotto did an excellent job of neutralizing Mannys's speed and attack in the first and I am sure he could have done that through out the fight , He forgot his jab , he forgot how fast Pac is ,he forgot to use defense. he got cocky from winning the first round and he tought he could bully Manny. He could have broken him down and gone for the ko , but he went for the kill too fast , and manny was to fast. He has the right tools. I wanted to give Joe Santiago credit and the benefit of the doubt but he showed how inexperienced he is , After the second which was a more productive round for Manny I would have told Cotto , keep jabing , look for ur spots , dont exchange , cuz he will beat u to it. And that speed+schock= power shots of Manny really made the difference. I know Cotto has the tools to beat him , and he had the right plan , but forgot to execute it completely. Mannys speed is ****ing crazy. The way to beat Manny is counter smart , pick ur spots , dont waste shots , dont leave urself open when u throw , and u have the fight, cuz Manny leaves himself wide open for big shots. And Cotto landed his share , and Manny admitted he was stunned by some shots , but he acted like if he wasnt , good fight tho , Cotto looked desperate as if he wanted to prove he was the bigger stronger , but u cant do that against this kind of speed. He needed to be smart , and his strenght would have shown all by itself. I believe he had and still has a shot to beat Manny. If he gets another shot????? Only god knows!!!

Very good observation...NOT!!!!

How can Cotto neutralize Pac's speed in the first round when Pac wasn't showing up his tempo yet?

It was only during the 2nd round when Pac started his tempo forcing Cotto to up his pace and paid for it dearly in the 3rd and 4th round. From that time the 2nd KD was made, i was already 100% sure i'm going to collect as I can see in the eyes of Cotto a stunned man who never expected something like that to happen to him from a smaller guy.

No matter what Cotto did that night, or even if he has a good strategist on that corner, he will still loss. Pac's just too much for him he may be able to fight until the 12th but he ain't going to win. The only thing that would be if he has a good corner that time would be that we will not be seeing the second half of the fight as it was but a little differently but still Pac's going to gobble him up. Pac if you've noticed looks as fresh from 1st until the 12th round, how can you keep your pace with a beast like that?

Comment

How many times do I have to say he didn't forget about the jab, IT WAS BEING COUNTERED....

How are you supposed to ignore getting punched in the face for the sake of just continuing to throw the jab?

I can understand if Cotto was competitive in the fight for more than 2 rounds. Then some people might have an argument.

Cotto was completely and totally dominated. It wasn't close, it was an absolute destruction of Cotto that should have been stopped after about the 9th round.

Let these bull**** ass threads stop already.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                    He started the first round really well, when he outboxing Pacquiao, snapping his head back with that jab.

His problem came when he took a crude approach and tried muscling him out of the fight. In doing that he left himself open when Pacquioa kinda pulled away. Unfortunately he got knocked down which made him want to establish himself more, then he got knocked down and hurt.

The second knock down ended the fight. It's not in the least bit shameful in my eyes, if you've been in a fight before you will realise how one punch can make your night very long. It can kill your momentum.

Call me foolish but if Cotto were to have a rematch with Pacquiao I think it would be more competitive than the fight that just passed.
                    I agree, Cotto was overconfident in thinking he could muscle Manny around. Maybe he felt the first round was too easy, not really sure. For some reason, he stopped doing what worked so well against Mosley and what he did in the first round. Maybe it was the trainer, because once Cotto got Manny on the ropes, he started to go a little crazy with the combo's that's when Manny stepped back and got him with that perfect uppercut. I had Cotto winning the 1st 3rd and 4th up till that point, but it was all downhill from there. I was one who thought he should have overwhelmed Manny but that's what got him in trouble, he was doing far better staying in the middle of the ring and boxing him.

Comment

if Cotto utilizes his jab and backs manny up into the corner. gets close and give him uppercuts and nody shots. he wins this fight.

u don't slug with a guy who can hit like you but got faster hands. he didn't fight a smart fight!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X