Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would Junior dos Santos do in boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think he'd be alright. I don't think he'd be a top 10 ranked fighter but he could be decent. He's got good hands, but it's his defense I'm iffy about. The guy's got a great right uppercut, right straight, and left hook along with his timing and distance. But as stated before, his chin can be a little high sometimes and he can be awfuly flat footed.

Comment

Originally posted by krimzon View Post
      if Kimbo could do it... damn near anyone can
      can do what? knockout a tomato can with 300 losses? lol

Comment

I think he'd be pretty good if he had just focused on boxing since day one (God I wish that would have happened), his boxing is already better than anybody in the UFC today with the exception of maybe Diaz. So take that for what it's worth.

Anybody saying he sucks or isn't a good boxer for MMA standards is either a UFC hater or Klitschko nuthugger.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
          I think he'd be pretty good if he had just focused on boxing since day one (God I wish that would have happened), his boxing is already better than anybody in the UFC today with the exception of maybe Diaz. So take that for what it's worth.

Anybody saying he sucks or isn't a good boxer for MMA standards is either a UFC hater or Klitschko nuthugger.
          he's a good boxer for MMA standards. he's an awful JOKE bum for boxing standards

Comment

Originally posted by etlux View Post
            can do what? knockout a tomato can with 300 losses? lol
            be successful in professional boxing ranks

Comment

Originally posted by etlux View Post
              wow are you kidding me? Literally the very first punch his boxer sparring partner throws almost knocks him out. Wow. this guy would be below tomato can status in boxing.
              Looks to me even KIMBO would annihilate this guy in BOXING because Kimbo seems to actually be a decent boxer unlike this bum.
              He got caught off balance when he was moving backward...I like your rhetoric though lol

Edit: Alalyzing the video the punch didnt land, he just backed up into the ropes lol

Kimbo doesnt even box properly, he stands square to his opponent...you learn on day 1 in boxing classes to "do not stand square to your opponent"
              Last edited by Ring Leader; 11-12-2011, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by krimzon View Post
                be successful in professional boxing ranks
                He did that in MMA too, right on PPV kimbo vs houston alexander. Shows how pathetic that sport is.

BTW there are 140lb amateurs at my gym that would 1 punch JDS in pure boxing

Comment

JDS is a great MMA Boxer. Not a great Boxer Boxer. As in he is probably the best MMA fighter I have seen at using boxing in an MMA world (managing to stay on his feet and throw combos while still checking kicks and such).

Comment

Originally posted by Forza View Post
                    He did that in MMA too, right on PPV kimbo vs houston alexander. Shows how pathetic that sport is.

BTW there are 140lb amateurs at my gym that would 1 punch JDS in pure boxing
                    I HIGHLY DOUBT THAT.....Seriously

Comment

Originally posted by ANT_P1989 View Post
                      I HIGHLY DOUBT THAT.....Seriously
                      if you doubt that then you never been in a boxing gym and saw good 140lbs pro boxers

Comment

Working...
                      X