Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I dont think Gamboa is scared. Top Rank is pressuring him. Your thoughts?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
    He just signed a 2 year extension

But the problem isnt with top rank anyway
    That's right the problem is with the other promoter who has an interest in him

Comment

Originally posted by William Blake View Post
      That's right the problem is with the other promoter who has an interest in him
      Who?

Oner co-promotes him

Comment

Originally posted by damit305 View Post
        Oner is scum. It's not an overstatement and when you see 'Oner' bashing online is not without cause. El tipo es mierda. Salas right after being removed as Gamboa's trainer showed me 'proof' on what a piece of garbage this guy is. You don't f#ck around with a man's money. I had a sit down with Gamboa once and he expressed his dislike for Oner too. Let's just say Gamboa felt then that Oner was only focused on Odlanier Solis and only had plans for la sombra.
        I believe you, bro.

Bob Arum gets bashed a lot, and often for good reason, but Oner is possibly in a class of his own. I rolled my eyes when I first read that he would be representing Gamboa, Solis and Lara. Oner's sleaziness is the stuff of legend.

It comes as no surprise that Oner initially hung his hat on Solis. There's more prestige and potential money with the heavies. Once it became apparent that Yuri was the rising star, Oner pulled all the stops to keep him.

What do you think about Ismael being replaced with Manny Steward? My bet is that Oner pulled that one without Gamboa's consent. Did you read the article I posted about Steward?

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
          I believe you, bro.

Bob Arum gets bashed a lot, and often for good reason, but Oner is possibly in a class of his own. I rolled my eyes when I first read that he would be representing Gamboa, Solis and Lara. Oner's sleaziness is the stuff of legend.

It comes as no surprise that Oner initially hung his hat on Solis. There's more prestige and potential money with the heavies. Once it became apparent that Yuri was the rising star, Oner pulled all the stops to keep him.

What do you think about Ismael being replaced with Manny Steward? My bet is that Oner pulled that one without Gamboa's consent. Did you read the article I posted about Steward?
          Yes I did, Steward esta mareado. It's ridiculous.

Comment

I believe you, bro.

Bob Arum gets bashed a lot, and often for good reason, but Oner is possibly in a class of his own. I rolled my eyes when I first read that he would be representing Gamboa, Solis and Lara. Oner's sleaziness is the stuff of legend. It comes as no surprise that Oner initially hung his hat on Solis. There's more prestige and potential money with the heavies. Once it became apparent that Yuri was the rising star, Oner pulled all the stops to keep him.

It was definitely a business move for promotional reasons. Steward isn't or wasn't going to do much with Gamboa. Salas and Gamboa besides being fellow 'ex-employees' are great friends. I called Salas a couple days ago, he just had arrived from Germany back to Miami. After some small talk, I asked him what he felt about the whole Gamboa/Rios mayhem. He admited to not having ties with Gamboa so he wasnt too sure, but didn't leave out 'scum' play by Oner.

Comment

Getting the biggest payday, the fight he wanted since he called out Rios, and he's not scared now making excuses? He needs to stay off youtube. Must've watched Rios highlights and pooped a brick.

Comment

Top rank wouldnt put there up n coming fighter in wht they felt was harms way unless it was another top rank fighter.

Comment

It was definitely a business move for promotional reasons. Steward isn't or wasn't going to do much with Gamboa. Salas and Gamboa besides being fellow 'ex-employees' are great friends. I called Salas a couple days ago, he just had arrived from Germany back to Miami. After some small talk, I asked him what he felt about the whole Gamboa/Rios mayhem. He admited to not having ties with Gamboa so he wasnt too sure, but didn't leave out 'scum' play by Oner.
                  The decision to hire a high-profile trainer made sense at first glance, but getting rid of a man that Gamboa had strong ties with, and was doing a good job, seemed strange. I'm certain Oner made the move; I just wonder what Yuri had to say about it.

Comment

The decision to hire a high-profile trainer made sense at first glance, but getting rid of a man that Gamboa had strong ties with, and was doing a good job, seemed strange. I'm certain Oner made the move; I just wonder what Yuri had to say about it.
                    Actually, Salas walked away. Oner didn't want to cough up a higher % to pay Carlos Gamboa (dad), which takes part in training Yuri. Before the the PDL fight Salas had a certain amount he felt he was going to make. Afterwards he comes to find his purse, pretty much slashed in half.

Comment

Actually, Salas walked away. Oner didn't want to cough up a higher % to pay Carlos Gamboa (dad), which takes part in training Yuri. Before the the PDL fight Salas had a certain amount he felt he was going to make. Afterwards he comes to find his purse, pretty much slashed in half.
                      What's even more f#cked up is that "La Amenaza" (Salas) left Danny Green to come train Gamboa at Oner's request. Salas was making hefty amounts with Green and could have said no, but he saw potential in Gamboa made the business decision to leave Green.

I put this clip up a few years back, never thought I would need to reference it lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l1TrqRme4g

Comment

Working...
                      X