Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stop being fickle boxing fans....writing people off after losses....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While I agree that you shouldnt write a fighter off after one loss I believe the reason many do in boxing (as opposed to mma ) is the nature of the sport. Boxing plays out like a physical chess match. More times than not after a fighters weaknesses have been exposed in the ring, they will keep losing the same way unless they do an overhaul of their boxing style but many times fighters are too far gone to make this change (usually because of years of bad habits, flaws etc engraved in their style).

Comment

People already thought Dawson was done coming into this fight (I was uncertain but now I am). What makes you think they aren't fully convinced now? Its not just a loss. He took a brutal beating vs Ward cause his dumbass decided to go down in weight and now he took a one shot KO. He's done bro.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Killa Killa View Post
        I understand the nature of the KO Chad Dawson took....

That doesn't mean he's completely done as some of you people seem to think....

There are plenty of boxers who've come back from multiple losses and/or KOs to still be at a top level and win championships....

SMH....it's not everyone...but a good number of you....
        Dawson's career isn't done because he lost its done because he destroyed his body making 168.

Comment

dawson is done. he's depleting physically and his craft has never changed. he blames his trainers, jumps ship, and never improves.

he's not improving in terms of his boxing craft, and he's only depleting physically. dawson looked a bit lumbering and slow in the stevenson fight. he was knocked out in his last go, after all. at the very least it will be on your mind and making you hesitate. at the worst it will damage your brain to some degree, and deplete your physical abilities and reflexes.

you need to look at the nature of the loss, and who it came to. this is a stoppage loss to adonis stevenson, and from the first big shot that landed. it wasn't even on the chin. stevenson was 165.5 in '12. he's not a massive LHW. he's a LHW who just moved up with a huge punch. prior to that he was completely embarrassed, beat up and hurt, and made to quit. these are hugely damaging events in the life of a guy who fights for a living.

the best looking dawson i've seen is probably with floyd SR. how many years ago was that? he has been looking vulnerable and lacking the willingness to throw punches for years now.

Comment

Working...
          X