No announcement yet.

Sly boxing footwork

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sly boxing footwork

Im not so much talking about regular footwork/moving around, but the sly footwork, where you are moving but not making it obvious. Ive noticed bernard hopkins is great at it. Im just wondering, how do you practice this. Its like they are not taking any steps, but are sliding. Are there any drills to work on this, or just keep trying and improving with it. Thanks

For example, beginning at the 6:02 mark he shows what not to do, and at 6:04ish he shows him what he wants to do.

wow thanks !

Comment

Thanks Champ - Way to Study, Impressive

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
      Im not so much talking about regular footwork/moving around, but the sly footwork, where you are moving but not making it obvious. Ive noticed bernard hopkins is great at it. Im just wondering, how do you practice this. Its like they are not taking any steps, but are sliding. Are there any drills to work on this, or just keep trying and improving with it. Thanks

For example, beginning at the 6:02 mark he shows what not to do, and at 6:04ish he shows him what he wants to do.

Keep studying youngster. This playlist may help also for the "Sly" stuff https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...0&feature=plcp

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...0&feature=plcp

Comment

Wow, nice playlist. I just now put two and two together that you are Barry Robinson himself lol

Comment

i'm one of those whom teaches my students tons and tons of footwork...believe its the key no doubt....dude in video has some good potential...only thing i really saw was he really really cocks and loads up on the right hand at times..semi easy to read and know its comen...altho he dont do it all the time...plus easier to say u can see it comen than actually see it lol

Comment

hahaha

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
            Wow, nice playlist. I just now put two and two together that you are Barry Robinson himself lol
            yep, that's me my friend. nice to meet you

Comment

Working...
            X