Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harry Greb Or Muhammad Ali. Who's Greater?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harry Greb Or Muhammad Ali. Who's Greater?

Who should be remembered as the greater fighter and why?
    Greb Should B Remembered As The Greater Fighter
    53.85%
    Ali Should B Remembered As The Greater Fighter
    46.15%

Originally posted by JerseySugar View Post
    Greb has the better resume and beat the better fighters p4p, he should be remembered as the greater fighter in my opinion.

Comment

Harry Greb for me, he was beating all time greats such as tunney, flowers and walker with only one good eye working! the guy was a freak of nature! i rank him number 3 in my all time great list only behind robinson and armstrong

Comment

Originally posted by Joey Giardello View Post
        Harry Greb for me, he was beating all time greats such as tunney, flowers and walker with only one good eye working! the guy was a freak of nature! i rank him number 3 in my all time great list only behind robinson and armstrong
        I want to rate him that high. I really do. After all how can a middleweight possibly compete and beat light heavy's and heavy's? But we have no film.

I suppose if Harry Greb is a TOP 3 for the first 50 years of boxing
        (1900-1950) and Ali is number one in the following 60 years we're left with a list such as the following:

SRR
        Hank Armstrong
        Greb
        Ali

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw Great View Post
          - - Greb prob is he's a lot older and deader than Ali as are all his fans, big advantage Ali.

Thing about Ali is he took boxing global more than any fighters before = mo' fans...

Comment

Any time I doubt Grebs greatness I just look at his record. No other fighter is THIS great. A who’s who of great fighters and he won one after another fighting dozens of times annually. Honestly Greb is incomparable to any other fighter who ever lived. Several examples Greb in 1919 beat Battling Levinski, Bill Brennan and Mike Gibbons all within a 25 day period. He beat Maxie Rosenbloom and Mickey Walker in a two week period in 1925. Crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by HOUDINI563 View Post
              Any time I doubt Grebs greatness I just look at his record. No other fighter is THIS great. A who’s who of great fighters and he won one after another fighting dozens of times annually. Honestly Greb is incomparable to any other fighter who ever lived. Several examples Greb in 1919 beat Battling Levinski, Bill Brennan and Mike Gibbons all within a 25 day period. He beat Maxie Rosenbloom and Mickey Walker in a two week period in 1925. Crazy.
              Yep. That's why most all time greatest pound for pound lists by resume usually goes Robinson, Greb, Armstrong or Robinson, Armstrong, Greb. Then it's either Langford, Ali or Ali then Louis to round out the top 5. I lean toward the latter on both, since we have footage of Armstrong, the holding of the 3 title belts at once and there's more video on Ali than Langford, plus I know way more about him. Langford was tough though.

Comment

Working...
              X