No announcement yet.

History today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ATG Fighter View Post
    From the high camera it seems Manny's right foot tripping over Marquez's foot didn't help at all. It almost lifted him straight into the punch. That punch would have been bad news anyways though.

Great, great fight. Totally entertaining. Was really shocked by the first kd of Pacquiao as it was, never expected such a brutal knockout given that Manny has a solid chin and Marquez has never quite hurt him like this before. I think the PEDs conversation will get louder (perhaps rightly so) but then Team Pac shouldn't complain at all given their record.

Well done Marquez. Don't know where Pacquaio goes from here.............that was just brutal.
    I wish people could have waited a day before the PED stuff came up. Yeah, I have my questions, but today should be to celebrate an incredible win for Juan Manuel Marquez.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      Holy hell, that was the most unexpected way for a fight to end that I've ever seen. Great, great fight with the knockout of the freaking century.
      He just locked up FotY, Fighter of the Year and KO of the year in one ****ing punch. This is so beautiful.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
        He just locked up FotY, Fighter of the Year and KO of the year in one ****ing punch. This is so beautiful.
        And, no one can question his ATG status anymore either.

Marquez well and truley concreted his place in history last night, with a bang!

Comment

• i still don't believe what i saw...

i'm glad pacquiao is OK. i've not gotten the feeling since he stretched hatton, but i thought there was a chance that pacquiao wouldn't get up.

pacquiao was very clearly faded during the fight. his hands were fast, but they weren't in unison with his feet. he didn't take punches well in the least. while the warrior mentality was still there, the physical skills are diminishing.

finally, and i hate to say this, but i really hope marquez is clean.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
            i still don't believe what i saw...

i'm glad pacquiao is OK. i've not gotten the feeling since he stretched hatton, but i thought there was a chance that pacquiao wouldn't get up.

pacquiao was very clearly faded during the fight. his hands were fast, but they weren't in unison with his feet. he didn't take punches well in the least. while the warrior mentality was still there, the physical skills are diminishing.

finally, and i hate to say this, but i really hope marquez is clean.
            That's always been the case IMO.

But, his punch resistance of course didn't look like we're used to seeing but at the same time, those were monster shots he landed.

He don't usually see Pacquaio blink to those kind of shots though despite how hard they visibly were.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              That's always been the case IMO.

But, his punch resistance of course didn't look like we're used to seeing but at the same time, those were monster shots he landed.

He don't usually see Pacquaio blink to those kind of shots though despite how hard they visibly were.
              I do remember in their second fight Marquez hit him with an incredibly brutal and accurate right hook/left hook combo in succession which wobbled Pacquiao for like 2 seconds and then he did that "hands up/come on!" thing. I think he got hit there harder than last night's first knockdown so I agree that he's losing durability. But I don't know about the final punch. Poor Pac literally launched himself into that counter.

Comment

• Two great fighters putting everything on the line. No shame in losing and Pac has taken it well.

To much emphasis is put on the "0" nowadays. Great fighters lose, its all part of the game. Happy for JMM, gutted for Pac. All the disrespect from "fans" sickens me.

Much respect for both fighters.

Comment

• For those who know:

How often do we see a guy in the lighter weights perform like Marquez at age 39? To arguably contend for the p4p crown? Examples?

Lets say welter and down because Marquez is not even a welter in my eyes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
                    For those who know:

How often do we see a guy in the lighter weights perform like Marquez at age 39? To arguably contend for the p4p crown? Examples?

Lets say welter and down because Marquez is not even a welter in my eyes.
                    Sounds like a miracle of modern medicine to me...

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                      Sounds like a miracle of modern medicine to me...

i've lifted weights off and on since i was 18 years old. i used to be very serious about it. i've got real doubts about marquez being clean. he's got "that look," about his muscles. i usually look to the face and neck.

it would be completely baseless speculation if his strength coach wasn't a known steroid guru.

Comment

Working...
                      X