No announcement yet.

Should you eat before a workout?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should you eat before a workout?

I wasn't sure on this subject, if you eat before a workout and if you do....like 30 minutes before the workout or
    what's a good time before you workout?

secondly, for protein shakes...are they used better before a workout or after a workout?

Originally posted by Sock-Puppet
    I wasn't sure on this subject, if you eat before a workout and if you do....like 30 minutes before the workout or
    what's a good time before you workout?

secondly, for protein shakes...are they used better before a workout or after a workout?
    You should not eat much before a workout, but having a high carb diet is good if you perform strenuous exercise. There are preworkout shakes and post shakes. Pre workout shakes should contain thermogenics and Lglutamine to give you energy and prevent your muscles from easily becoming exausted. Post workout shakes should contain more L-glutamine and lots of fiber and protein in order to replenish the lost nutrients from working out.

Comment

i usually don't. but don't starve yourself.

Comment

i cant remember the % for sure but u burn of so much more % if you go for a run on an empty stomach so i think working out will be the same

Comment

I try to eat a smalll meal like an hour B4 I workout, 2eggs n toast or turkey sandwich.. If you take the protein shake, wiat like 1.5hrs or so, protein takes longer for your body to break down, though it is liquid, so i'm not sure if that would help..

After workout, eat lots' of protein, not only a shake, and get some carbs back into ya, like a banana or carrots or somthin.

Comment

Working...
          X