Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Oner Explains Details of Sturm Paying To Avoid Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Oner Explains Details of Sturm Paying To Avoid Golovkin

A few weeks ago, an interesting story was making the rounds Germany. Promoter Ahmet Oner of Arena Box, who briefly worked with former middleweight champion Felix Sturm, explained how Sturm used money and politics to avoid a mandatory defense against Gennady Golovkin.

Golovkin had been Sturm's mandatory challenger for years, but he was unable to secure his shot. When Golovkin was finally on the verge of landing that shot, Sturm was mysteriously elevated to the status of "super champion" by the WBA. Golovkin was eventually made the "regular" champion by the sanctioning body.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Everyone knows Sturm paid the WBA money. There should be an investigation into this blatant corruption. But of course there won't be.

Comment

I like Adnan, but Golovkin would beat him bad. I don't blame him for avoiding him - many do...

Comment

these are the champs of today, smh

Comment

Yea Sturm did duck his mandatory but he also ducked alot of people.

Comment

Further proof that Sturm is a joke. It's complete bullshit that this was allowed by the commission.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
              What he said

Comment

Some random guy went to the WBA and asked them to just make Sturm super champ Thats very believable

Comment

Tomoro i am going to the WBA on behalf of Floyd Mayweather and am going to ask them to make him super champ

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                    And? How many guys did he pay money not to fight?

Comment

Working...
                    X