No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Orlando Salido Out To Prove JuanMa Win Was No Fluke

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Orlando Salido Out To Prove JuanMa Win Was No Fluke

Usually when a rematch rolls around, it’s the losing fighter who has something to prove. Yet in the case of the March 10 sequel between Orlando Salido and Juan Manuel Lopez, it’s the reigning titlist who finds himself on the defensive.

[Click Here To Read More]

curious how much Salido's getting to go back to PR...he must win by KO as no way he gets a decision in the WBO house...

Comment

Juanma has to fight smart and land that right hook.

Comment

Lopez says he's gonna fight alot smarter this time around, if he catches Salido with a sneaky shot and drops him he should be able to finish him off in the same round, if Salido doesnt get dropped then it's gonna be a war of skill vs. will

Comment

Are there gonna be 2 rican judges plus referee again?.

Comment

Salido by KO again.

Comment

Some talked about Lopez making improvements. Did anyone see the Oliver fight?? He was even easier to hit cleanly and more wide open to counter punches than before. So how is that improving?

Comment

He's regressing, not improving.

Comment

I'm sticking to my prediction:

Juanma tries to box and be defensive the first two rounds. As soon as he starts connecting some shots here and there, he starts to think he can overpower the guy. Salido starts pressuring more as Juanma starts trying to load up on his shots in spurts then backs off again. He attacks Salido every 10-12 seconds being a tad more defensive minded but whenever he attacks he loads up and throws with everything he's got.

Salido starts punishing Juanma over and over with the same success as he did in the first fight, this time late in the sixth or in the middle of the seventh round. Juanma, trying to gain a moral victory by reaching the final bell and being in front of the Puerto Rican crowd, his heart will carry him even when he's getting badly beaten up. However, somewhere around the 11th or 12th, he will get stopped on the ropes, he'll get hit with one of those overhand rights and he will be briefly separated from his senses and his arms will drop, allowing Salido to follow up with a combination that'll force the referee to intervene.

As usual, the crowd will call "robbery", but anyone with a mind will see that it was a good stoppage. It will be less controversial than the first fight, even though I consider the first fight a good stoppage. Juanma was fighting back but he was getting cleanly MUCH too often and it was only a matter of time before he went to sleep or took irreversible damage. Juanma is the kind of fighter who must be protected from himself. There is no doubt that he has the heart of a warrior, but if he had gone on taking punishment in that fight he would have suffered some consequences.

My heart's with Juanma, but he is going to be taken out again by Salido in this fight. Anyone who's seen Salido's resume knows he's been in there with guys like Robert Guerrero, Juan Manuel Márquez, Mtagwa, and Gamboa. The guy's a solid contender who looks decent even in his losses. He has experience and been in the ring with better fighters than Juanma. I feel sorry for those going to cheer Juanma on in person expecting him to win...

Mark my words. Salido in the 11th with Juanma trying to just reach the final bell...

Comment

Originally posted by TintaBoricua View Post
                    I'm sticking to my prediction:

Juanma tries to box and be defensive the first two rounds. As soon as he starts connecting some shots here and there, he starts to think he can overpower the guy. Salido starts pressuring more as Juanma starts trying to load up on his shots in spurts then backs off again. He attacks Salido every 10-12 seconds being a tad more defensive minded but whenever he attacks he loads up and throws with everything he's got.

Salido starts punishing Juanma over and over with the same success as he did in the first fight, this time late in the sixth or in the middle of the seventh round. Juanma, trying to gain a moral victory by reaching the final bell and being in front of the Puerto Rican crowd, his heart will carry him even when he's getting badly beaten up. However, somewhere around the 11th or 12th, he will get stopped on the ropes, he'll get hit with one of those overhand rights and he will be briefly separated from his senses and his arms will drop, allowing Salido to follow up with a combination that'll force the referee to intervene.
                    As usual, the crowd will call "robbery", but anyone with a mind will see that it was a good stoppage. It will be less controversial than the first fight, even though I consider the first fight a good stoppage. Juanma was fighting back but he was getting cleanly MUCH too often and it was only a matter of time before he went to sleep or took irreversible damage. Juanma is the kind of fighter who must be protected from himself. There is no doubt that he has the heart of a warrior, but if he had gone on taking punishment in that fight he would have suffered some consequences.

My heart's with Juanma, but he is going to be taken out again by Salido in this fight. Anyone who's seen Salido's resume knows he's been in there with guys like Robert Guerrero, Juan Manuel Márquez, Mtagwa, and Gamboa. The guy's a solid contender who looks decent even in his losses. He has experience and been in the ring with better fighters than Juanma. I feel sorry for those going to cheer Juanma on in person expecting him to win...

Mark my words. Salido in the 11th with Juanma trying to just reach the final bell...
                    Lol mtagua sucks bro but overall good post. Juanma has to much mexican in him and wants to duke it out when some one lands on him. But he doesnt have the chin to hang. He is fun to watch though and salido has a sneaky defence where he catches and rolls alot of the punches.

Comment

Working...
                    X