Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Evander Holyfield: Povetkin is a Possibility To Fight Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Evander Holyfield: Povetkin is a Possibility To Fight Next

Former four time heavyweight champion Evander Holyfield has issued his request to fight the WBA's new "regular" champion Alexander Povetkin in the fall. Holyfield sat ringside at Erfurt, Germany on Saturday night and watched Povetkin win a twelve round decision over Ruslan Chagaev to capture the title. Once the decision was announced, Holyfield entered the ring to give his congrats to the new champion.

[Click Here To Read More]

holyfield knocks him out

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
      holyfield knocks him out
      stfu fool...

Comment

Povetkin will probably take that fight. Low risk, and that pushes back his terrible KO defeat at the hands of Wladimir.

Comment

holyfield won't knock him out, but i wouldn't completely write off holyfield. . . he is still a pretty good boxer. however, povetkin has too much for him i believe and will cruise to a UD.

Comment

This will prove nothing.

Comment

Povetkin can fight a bit slick at times if he chooses too, he can move and make his opponents miss and counter them. I seen him do it in his past fights, but don't know if he still does it. He sets up traps on his opponents. I didn't catch the chagaev fight, was he setting traps like that up in that fight or was he just going to war?

I think Povetkin would win and in one sided fashion, I actually think Helenius would be an easier fight for Holyfield since Holyfield can outbox Helenius. But Helenius doesn't have a belt and even tho Helenius is fighting good fighters, he is still only a prospect.

Comment

Terrible fight. Povetkin will truly cement his rep as a pathetic bumbeater if he agrees to this.

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
                  holyfield knocks him out
                  I guess you think Sherman Williams>>Povetkin too

Comment

I'd love to see it! I know we know how pathetic this division is but to see Great Grandpa Holyfield get one of the belts will just completely cement the notion that it's the Klitschkos then a bunch of bums. I'll buy this ppv like I bought Holyfield V Valuev where Holy got robbed!

Comment

Working...
                    X