Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather will never have a GREAT win......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by danceswithfire View Post
    not really , had he beaten kostya tsu , that woulda beeen helll of a lot better than a corrales imo..had he beat cotto pre margarito , that woulda been way better win than a corrales..had he beaten margo pre pwill, that woulda been a greater win than a corrales...again , floyd has had a greeat career no doubt but it could've been better....
    Margarito lost to Paul Williams a few months before floyds fight with Hatton, mayweather retired after the Hatton fight in dec 07, 2 months after that Williams lost to Quintana, a few months after that Cotto lost to margario, ...

Comment

Originally posted by Panginoon View Post
      Wrong. Mayweather pretended he didn't even know who Margarito was, and then started calling him a cheater after the wraps thing. Then he stated that Cotto was "too far away in Puerto Rico".

He's ducked a prime Cotto, Margarito and Pac.

Not wrong homie, i'm quoting bob arum im not giving you my opinion. The interview was done in 06 with dan rafeiel from espn. Again bob said no not floyd. What part of bob telling dan he turned floyd down you dont understand. **** what floyd said on t.v. to be funny, him and bob sat at the table floyd proposed a deal to fight margo,cotto,hatton and de la hoya for x amount of money. Again bob himself said "I" said no to his offer. Floyd bought himself out his contract with TR for 750k and the rest is history

Comment

^^ And that's when Mayweather started to claim he didn't even know who Margarito was lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
          how does he duck a fighter hes never been in talks to fight? that doesnt even make sense. stop regurgitating the same stuff over. cotto even stated the two never came close to a fight. learn the definition of a duck
          and why didn't he ever try to make the fight? floyd never offered cotto a fight. and floyd himself says he's the guy that makes the offers so what gives? instead when everyone kept asking him about the fight he rattled off a list of pathetic excuses such as cotto lives too far away, he's not a CEO, etc..and then a fake retirement when the heat was really on to make the fight. you would think he would want to shut them up and fight the best fighter around. he couldn't even use the he's not a draw excuse since cotto was also the 3rd most popular fighter in boxing. instead retirement was a better option.

Comment

not really , had he beaten kostya tsu , that woulda beeen helll of a lot better than a corrales imo..had he beat cotto pre margarito , that woulda been way better win than a corrales..had he beaten margo pre pwill, that woulda been a greater win than a corrales...again , floyd has had a greeat career no doubt but it could've been better....
            +1

Agree with the above, but I think Floyd is making up for it these days, and fighting the more challenging fights. Plus I have the feeling he only came out of retirement to fight for a Pacquiao pay day in the first place (hence the initial comeback tune-up against Marquez to draw comparisons and hype).

Comment

Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
              Margarito lost to Paul Williams a few months before floyds fight with Hatton, mayweather retired after the Hatton fight in dec 07, 2 months after that Williams lost to Quintana, a few months after that Cotto lost to margario, ...
              oh well, it's his fault he retired when his division was the hottest..then again , people think he retired because of that..

Comment

bro, i never said he ducked anyone..all i said was what wins could've enhanced floyd's career, thats all
                Margarito?

Arum never wanted to make the Cotto fight when mayweather was with top rank and never realistically tried to make the fight. Which is why mayweather - Cotto until Cotto left top rank

Comment

Originally posted by mr.clean View Post
                  Not wrong homie, i'm quoting bob arum im not giving you my opinion. The interview was done in 06 with dan rafeiel from espn. Again bob said no not floyd. What part of bob telling dan he turned floyd down you dont understand. **** what floyd said on t.v. to be funny, him and bob sat at the table floyd proposed a deal to fight margo,cotto,hatton and de la hoya for x amount of money. Again bob himself said "I" said no to his offer. Floyd bought himself out his contract with TR for 750k and the rest is history
                  he said no because he made unreasonable demands. how do you not understand that? arum was more than reasonable guaranteeing him 8 million when his previous high was 5 and he was only doing 400k buys. if floyd demands 500 million to fight someone i guess the other guys ducking him? OMG HE SAID NO!

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    you probably should ask yourself how could arum possibly guarantee him all that money when his previous career high was 5 million. 10 million to fight 140 pound cotto who was still fighting on hbo undercards? get real. 20 mill to fight hoya? floyd only got 10 mill guarantee when the actual fight happened. it's called pricing yourself out. floyd "would" have fought them "but" he made a list of insane demands. we've seen this scenario before. if floyd asked for 500 million to fight canelo i guess canelo would be ducking him if he didn't give him it?
                    What has floyd been making since he left arum. Arum said in the interview the de la hoya fight wasnt worth it to him, really the highest ppv fight in history isnt worth it to you. Get real homie, the demands might seem high but floyd ended up making 3 or 4 times more in the long run. Thats not pricing yourself out, its called knowing your worth.

Comment

Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
                      Margarito?

Arum never wanted to make the Cotto fight when mayweather was with top rank and never realistically tried to make the fight. Which is why mayweather - Cotto until Cotto left top rank
                      yeah offering floyd career high paydays to fight margarito and cotto isn't trying to make the fights. he knew floyd was a coward and would turn down all that money?

Comment

Working...
                      X