Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fernando Vargas is not impressed with Canelo Alvarez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't buy Vargas has seen very little of him. He probably watches all his fights. Sits there and points out every little thing he doesn't like.

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
      Even more sickening is how people measure his skill based on fighters whose skill level have been longed declined or past their prime altogether.

Let's fight a fighter prime for prime or at a skill level equal to his own before we measure his greatness in "skill."
      according to your post, you have a heartbeat, so how have you not noticed that he's literally been toying with his opponents?

ya'll will see....

Comment

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
        I don't buy Vargas has seen very little of him. He probably watches all his fights. Sits there and points out every little thing he doesn't like.
        yup, don't buy it either....

Comment

It sounded fair enough to me. What's the fuss? Canelo is improving. That's what's important. He may never be an ATG but to dismiss him as a bum (when I've seen some bum ass kissed around here) is just setting yourself up to look silly fight after fight. Can't weight until he has Trout retreating.

Comment

Let's how he does with Trout...

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
              Even more sickening is how people measure his skill based on fighters whose skill level have been longed declined or past their prime altogether.

Let's fight a fighter prime for prime or at a skill level equal to his own before we measure his greatness in "skill."
              I don't know what exactly it is you guys look for when talking skill. Matt Hatt is easily the best boxer in his family which is no knock on him. Though his resume or lack of a resume at154 is up for question. I was rather impressed with what he did versus Canelo. He's a great test for any hot **** fighter coming up. There absolutely won't be many fighters at 147 or 154 that will knock him out.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
                Matt Hatt is easily the best boxer in his family which is no knock on him.
                i derived amusement from this sentence.

welcome back, btw. it had been speculated that you would be gone for some time after the Rosado thing.

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
                  it's funny. literally just yesterday evening, i was telling a friend how much i wished we were in an era that had a young Vargas instead of a young Canelo.

i can easily believe that Feroz would be unimpressed by this guy.
                  That was a great era for fightgers at 147-154!

Odh, Tito, Mosley, QUARTAY, Vargas, Campas, mayorga, also had allot of greats on their way out. Thou sweat pea held his own with the younger guys. All fought all.

Comment

Nobody with sense is impressed with Canelo

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                      You fight him then!

the only thing vargas is going to be fighting is diabetes... i doubt canelo even cares what this has been has to say

Comment

Working...
                      X