Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your favourite boxing movie?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh man, totally forgot about 'The Great White Hope'.

Though the movie has virtually no boxing in it, the biopic like references to the life of Jack Johnson (though he's called Jefferson in the movie and apparently he sports the wrong accent) were examined in detail - the immense political pressure Jack was under and his unbelievable strength of character make fascinating viewing. Its character driven but all the stronger for it because it refers to a very real and fascinating character.

Comment

The fighter
      Raging Bull
      Rocky 4
      Cinderella man
      Million Dollar baby

Comment

Comment

I would say 'Hurricane', which is about the unjust incarceration of boxer Rubin Carter, if it can be counted as a boxing movie.

Comment

He is truly "THE CINDERELLA MAN"

Comment

Cant believe almost everyone has Rocky movies ahead of Raging bull, I don’t know what boxing fan can do that, raging bull is a masterpiece.

I also thought Ali was incredible and much much better then The Fighter, also Ali hands down had the best boxing scenes ever in a boxing film. It had a bad rep for being too long and showing things about Ali that casuals didn’t care about but I thought it was a perfect film

Comment

Rocky III & IV, Ali, and Cinderella Man.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                  Except when you say "my girl" you really mean "Yourself" right?
                  ..anyway, whats been up homie?!?

Comment

I just watched a REALLY good boxing movie made in 1940 called City for Conquest.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0032342/?ref_=rvi_tt

I never really liked James Cagney as an actor before, but now I understand why he was so famous - he was absolutely great in this one as welterweight boxer Danny Kenny.

It's a story that begins with four children growing up in a poor New York neighborhood: a kid who punched hard, a little girl who loved to dance, a thief, and the boxer's brother who had a passion for music.

Comment

Working...
                    X