No announcement yet.

Pacquiao victim of his own success

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making Shane run is a feat in itself.

It's hard to knock someone out that's COMPLETELY playing it defensively and hardly throwing any punches.

Comment

Originally posted by tacuso View Post
      Why the double standard? You were impressed by Floyd's win and not with Pac because Pac cannot KO the same guy Floyd cannot KO. Shane is not afraid to get it on with Floyd, but he keeps running from Pac, how can Pac KO him? If you are both a fan of both, maybe Floyd is your #1 and Pac is #1000.
      Floyd isn't a known for knocking guys out and shane did look more shot when he fought Pacquiao ..

and no

my favorite current boxers are

1.Juan Manuel Marquez
      2.Sergio Martinez
      3.Miguel Cotto
      4.Manny Pacquiao
      5.Floyd Mayweather

Comment

I wouldn't say he struggled as much as Shane was able to land on him at times when Pac stopped attacking, and could've done a whole lot better with the openings Pac presented him. And there were openings for Shane to exploit however small they were.

At some point in the fight you can hear Nazzim yelling at Shane to "keep turning him" to avoid Pac's left and Shane was somewhat successful with that except he just couldn't follow that up with his own strikes.

Shane started off cautious and I thought it was a good strategy until the third round. Then it all went to shit for him from then on.

Pac just did his job to entertain the fans. Shane was a no show.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
          its not *****s who say pac struggled, its anybody with a brain. he didnt struggle to win, but he struggled (and failed) to performe. he won easily but he showed some huge flaws and thats what ppl are concerned about.

at the end of the day fighting mosley at this stage of shanes career was nothing but a measuring stick to see how he would do against mayweather. and the fact that he still cant get of in combinations when someone uses lateral movement is a big worry. if he was to fight floyd who is a master of controling ppl by placing his feet intelligently its hard to see his offense be effective.

mosley put himself in the right positions but was too old to pull the trigger, his reflexes were shot and so were his legs. and with those shot legs he still put his feet in a better position than pac.

also let me add shane didnt win a few round against floyd, he won the second and possibly the first, and he did win one early round against pacquiao and didnt get shut out there either. its all meaningless but still.

that stuff dont matter though, what matters is the flaws he exposed in floyd and pac respectively and imo pac showed more flaws.
          Struggle to perform? Dude KD a dude that had only been down twice in his whole career. He landed beautiful three punch combinations in the early rounds until Shane got on his bike after he tasted the power. Mayweather can lateral move all he wants and shoot his counter right. But when he shoots that right he is taking a big risk opening himself up which Mosley didnt want to do. Or he can do exactly what Shane did and lateral move clockwise all day and get shut out by Manny. Either way hes going to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Wreckless View Post
            Making Shane run is a feat in itself.

It's hard to knock someone out that's COMPLETELY playing it defensively and hardly throwing any punches.
            +1 QFT Never in his career did Shane "I like a good scrap" run

Comment

you dudes on here are horrible
              its ither a hate thread for floyd or pacman
              neither give a f.uck about you clowns
              yet you spend your whole day slurping one or the other
              wow

Comment

Pacquiao will never please everyone, there is a minority that will discredit him for everything he accomplishes.

Pacquiao completely dominated Mosley, and it wasn't even a 'fight'. Mosley was scared to engage with this guy, I've never seen Mosley ever do that.

Pacquiao is simply to good, whether you like him or not. He is a one in a lifetime fighter, he should be more appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Lineal Champ View Post
                  Struggle to perform? Dude KD a dude that had only been down twice in his whole career. He landed beautiful three punch combinations in the early rounds until Shane got on his bike after he tasted the power. Mayweather can lateral move all he wants and shoot his counter right. But when he shoots that right he is taking a big risk opening himself up which Mosley didnt want to do. Or he can do exactly what Shane did and lateral move clockwise all day and get shut out by Manny. Either way hes going to lose.
                  mosley is way past his prime, anybody who cant see that probably cant recognize anything else boxing related either, dropping shane at this stage isnt a huge feat. maybe your memory is short but this guy fought to a draw against sergio mora in his last fight and slipped even further since then imo.

as for floyd you are even more of the mark. by using lateral movement u can position yourself where you cant get hit before u open up to punch. thats what marquez did AT TIMES against pacquiao then he got overaggressive and took unnecessary risks. floyd wont.

boxing is to hit and not get hit, thats what u use lateral movement for. just bcuz shane was too old to pull the trigger doesnt mean nobody can pull the trigger without getting caught. if they position themselfs correctly they can.

imagine a southpaw jabbing, an orthodox fighter parries it with his left glove as he pivots to his left than fires a right cross down the pipe. pivoting at the right time will make him safe to throw that right hand, by stepping to his left hes moving outside the right hand of the southpaw making it useless and putting the southpaw out of position to throw the left cross at all. hense hes safe to land the right and exit to his left before he can get hit back.

only if u stand right on front of your oponent will u take a risk everytime u open up, but by moving and picking your punches wisely u can hit without getting hit.

floyd can outbox pacquiao (hit and not get hit) thats a fact, the question is if he can do it for 12 rounds. thats a big question though. pacquiao will be putting lots of pressure on him, since floyd isnt a 1 punch KO artist pac can take alot more chances that he did against mosley so it will be difficult to keep him of for 12 rounds. and we all know the speed and power of pacquiao so if floyd slows down or even makes a mistake he could be made to pay. then again floyd makes very few mistakes. it really is a toss up. like tarver said, "i like mayweather against anyone and i like pacquiao against anyone".

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac310 View Post
                    NO actually hes one of my favorite current fighters I just don't hugg his nuts and worship him i'm not a *******.

btw hes not P4P#1 & it was disappointing that he couldn't KO Mosley....
                    I was expecting a late round TKO

Floyd doesn't set the bar low... my expectations of him are

1.completely outbox his opponent
                    2.win UD

which he does most of the time ....
                    Get a life you sergio fan. Pac won 12 rounds, are you dissapointed Pac didnt fly like superman? Dont think i havent noticed you dont take Pacs bad calf into consideration at all.

Hes not p4p no1 because you expected him to ko SSM? So you werent impressed with all Pacs other performances?
                    You are fooling no one, and no, Sergio isnt no1.
                    Last edited by hugh grant; 05-09-2011, 06:21 AM.

Comment

I dont why we are wasting time mentioning Floyd. He will never step in the ring with Pac.

Comment

Working...
                      X