No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hopkins Says Matthysse Would KO Khan, Talks Froch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hopkins Says Matthysse Would KO Khan, Talks Froch

The boxing world is still abuzz over Lucas Matthysse’s incredible knockout over Lamont Peterson on Saturday night.

Inside of the Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, Matthysse, the WBC interim champion at 140 pounds, would drop the highly-regarded Peterson three times for a resounding third round TKO that highlighted his power and precision.

The building was packed with boxing luminaries for Matthysse’s triumph, including living legend and reigning IBF light heavyweight champion Bernard Hopkins.

Never one to overly-gush about his fellow prizefighters, Hopkins couldn’t help but give Matthysse praise following his victory.

Speaking with Kugan Cassius of IFilmLondon, Hopkins touched on a few topics, including a Matthysse duel with WBA/WBC champion Danny Garcia and his reasoning as to why Amir Khan would suffer the same fate as Peterson if given a chance with Matthysse.

This is what Hopkins had to share. [Click Here To Read More]

Come on man.... Lucas Matthysse is good but no superstar. I believe all the top guys at 140LBs can take each other out on any given day.

Granted his stock is high but he well get figured out soon.

Pederson should have stuck to the gameplan and boxed from the outside like he did in winning the first round.

Let him have his glory but he not as devastating as people making out.

Comment

Ko's khan and garcia on same night no doubt...

But i still want to see khan/matthysee;- theres still 0.00001% in me thinks khan could actuallt pull it off...

Comment

Originally posted by Mk12345 View Post
        Come on man.... Lucas Matthysse is good but no superstar. I believe all the top guys at 140LBs can take each other out on any given day.

Granted his stock is high but he well get figured out soon.

Pederson should have stuck to the gameplan and boxed from the outside like he did in winning the first round.

Let him have his glory but he not as devastating as people making out.
        this^^^^^^^^^^

he will fall in September...Lamont got too brave too early but I can dig trying to get some respect though....Lucas bum rushed him roughed him up and the whole nine!!

Comment

Originally posted by ma51f View Post
          Ko's khan and garcia on same night no doubt...

But i still want to see khan/matthysee;- theres still 0.00001% in me thinks khan could actuallt pull it off...
          Stop tryna put Garcia in khan's china department bro.

Comment

What is Khan even doing now anyway?

140 or 147...
            He seems anxious on the decision, he stands a chance against Devon Alexander but almost very little with either Danny Garcia or Lucas Matthysse.

Comment

Lucas has great power, a great chin, great heart and great stamina.

Therefore he will be a problem for ANYONE.

Comment

Hopkins speaks truth.

Comment

I agree that her could KO Khan, if he corners him.

Comment

Hopkins is right about Lucas stopping Khan
                    the Froch fight is iffy, due solely to Hopkins' age
                    Froch has a good chin, good stamina, and can work all night
                    that's the formula to beat Hopkins
                    Hopkins better not go to the UK, he'll have trouble in the US
                    instinct is Hopkins is too good, but he might be too old to win
                    could be another Taylor/Calzaghe workrate based points loss for Hopkins

Comment

Working...
                    X