No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DiBella: I'll Be Talking To Arum on Martinez vs Chavez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: DiBella: I'll Be Talking To Arum on Martinez vs Chavez

Lou DiBella, promoter for middleweight king Sergio Martinez (48-2-2, 27KOs), confirmed BoxingScene.com's report from early this morning, indicating that minor discussions have taken place with respect to a fall clash between Martinez and WBC middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (45-0-1, 31KOs). Martinez became the mandatory challenger at last December's WBC convention in Las Vegas.

[Click Here To Read More]

Not gonna happen Lou. Look for Chavez to vacate after his June defense

Comment

Lets see if Bob Arum allows it to happen.

Comment

Maybe Todd duBoef will take the call. Definitely not Bob. Lou and Maravilla don't hold any cards. Maravilla's career is now identical to B-Hop's career in the early 2000's before he finally got a payday against De La Hoya. The difference is that the only realistic payday Martinez has is against Floyd and THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN!!

Comment

i'd really be shocked if this fight happens

dont waste your time DiBella...Arum wont be answering that call

Comment

Lou better know how to hide his number

Comment

Lou DiFatso has been the one blocking this fight. Sergio is the only fighter he has and he knows JR will end his career.

If Sergio takes this fight it means they're ready to cash out.

Comment

If things go as planned for DiBella & Martinez, the question is whether Arum will pick up that call & if Arum does, will he seriously negotiate with DeBella or just throw some crazy numbers(in his(Arum's) favor)& make some crazy requests so that DeBella(or anyone in their right mind) won't accept & then Arum will just put the blame on Martinez & his promoter(DiBella) like he ALWAYS does!!!

Comment

Lou must want to give the gift of laughter to an old man~

Comment

I'm more excited about Martinez taking an in between fight. Fighting 3 times a year for once would be cool. Don't care if it's a bum.

Comment

Working...
                    X