Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny Steward: In the case of Wlad and Lennox. What would have happened with out him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manny Steward: In the case of Wlad and Lennox. What would have happened with out him?

Sometimes trainers deserve a lot of credit, sometimes it's over hyped. In this particular case I feel that Steward deserved full credit for Wladimir's career and a lot of credit for Lennox's.

As exciting as Wladimir was prior to Manny, his flaws were glaring and easily exploitable by any B Level+ Heavyweight. Some people said that 'if Wlad fought less cautiously he would have knocked out Haye' actually no...
    If you put the Sanders years version of Wlad against Haye in 2011, Wlad would have gotten knocked out again. Manny literally turned Wlad's career around and made him into a defensive genius that fully used his height reach size.

Lennox problems lay a lot in his level of preparation and laziness as well as certain weakness in his game prior to Manny. Manny fixed that, but I feel that he also somewhat dropped the ball against Rahman I and Vitali. Now we can blame Lennox and it is in part his fault, but also the coach's fault to a extent that a fighter was allowed to shoot up to 256-260 pounds and come into the ring completely unmotivated.

Lewis 10 days prior to the Johnson (turned into Vitali) fight was 264 on the scales. That screams of lack of dedication- now obviously it was the twilight of his career and maybe Manny's message was just not getting through, but a coach MUST still take some blame for that mess.
    Wladimir gets knocked out a fourth time,Lewis would never have attain the status he did.
    28.57%
    Wladimir gets knocked out a fourth time, Lewis would be fine
    57.14%
    Wlad and Lewis would have discovered a way without Manny.
    0.00%
    Wladimir would have been fine even without Manny
    14.29%

Originally posted by Freedom.
    If Hasim Rahman and Oliver McCall can KO Lennox, then Wladimir may have been able to do so too.
    I don't think he's talking about a head to head matchup.

Comment

If Hasim Rahman and Oliver McCall can KO Lennox, then Wladimir may have been able to do so too.
      Wladimir folds like a cheap suit inside 3 rounds.

Comment

Lewis needed Manny more than Wladimir, that's for sure; what with a tougher HW scene and all that.

Comment

What the hell does that have to do with the thread? Also how can you possibly have so many posts yet fail to understand that Lewis would not have treated Wlad the same way he treated Rahman....

Wlad on the other hand have shown no history of ill preparation against any opponent.
          The Purrity,Sanders, and Brewster losses were the best possible versions of WLADIMIR AT THE TIME. He even admit he never under prepare for an opponent, that's actually his strong point. Lewis under prepared for Rahman, came back and knocked him out. Wladimir was fully prepared for Sanders, lost, and Vitali fought Sanders.

Don't derail the thread again or I'm going to ban you for another vacation. Enough is enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Deathknight88 View Post
            What the hell does that have to do with the thread? Also how can you possibly have so many posts yet fail to understand that Lewis would not have treated Wlad the same way he treated Rahman....

Wlad on the other hand have shown no history of ill preparation against any opponent.
            The Purrity,Sanders, and Brewster losses were the best possible versions of WLADIMIR AT THE TIME. He even admit he never under prepare for an opponent, that's actually his strong point. Lewis under prepared for Rahman, came back and knocked him out. Wladimir was fully prepared for Sanders, lost, and Vitali fought Sanders.

Don't derail the thread again or I'm going to ban you for another vacation. Enough is enough.
            He obviously can't read and interpreted this as a bash against his God.

Comment

Originally posted by Deathknight88 View Post

If anyone was under prepared, it was Sanders.

Comment

They wouldn't have achieved the greatness they have today without Steward.

Comment

I think Lewis could have always gone far, he had inside game and could go toe to toe when needed

Wlad has zero inside game and doesn't do toe to toe as it will result in him being KO'd

Wlad needed Manny more than anything

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
                    I think Lewis could have always gone far, he had inside game and could go toe to toe when needed

Wlad has zero inside game and doesn't do toe to toe as it will result in him being KO'd

Wlad needed Manny more than anything
                    Manny just tweaked Wladimir! He did more with Lewis.

Wladimir was always destined for greatness. He just had a few early setbacks.

Comment

Working...
                    X