No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chad Dawson: I Left Emanuel Steward To Be The Old Me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chad Dawson: I Left Emanuel Steward To Be The Old Me

According to light heavyweight Chad Dawson, the training location was not a deciding factor in leaving trainer Emanuel Steward after one fight of working together earlier this year. Steward told BoxingScene.com that Dawson refused to train at Steward's Kronk Gym in Detroit, and wanted to train closer to home in Connecticut. Dawson faces WBC champion Bernard Hopkins on October 15th at Staples Center in Los Angeles.

[Click Here To Read More]

Terrible idea

Comment

well ****, way to make Steward look bad. . . you could have just left it as is - made yourself look more like a family man in the process!

Comment

I thought chad dawson training wit emmanuel steward raised his chances...now he has no chance against team hopkins. B-hop u.d.

Comment

BOTTOM LINE: Steward wanna make you a Hearn but you ain't him. Not physically and certainly not mentally. He is the Hitman and you are Chad.
          Last edited by sdcluser; 09-28-2011, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
              According to light heavyweight Chad Dawson, the training location was not a deciding factor in leaving trainer Emanuel Steward after one fight of working together earlier this year. Steward told BoxingScene.com that Dawson refused to train at Steward's Kronk Gym in Detroit, and wanted to train closer to home in Connecticut. Dawson faces WBC champion Bernard Hopkins on October 15th at Staples Center in Los Angeles.

Everyone was saying how Dawson was somewhat of a stylistic nightmare for Hopkins.. Now he's going to undo that possible advantage, sit down on his punches and try to beat up Hopkins? Questionable.

Comment

Originally posted by DrewWoodside View Post
                Everyone was saying how Dawson was somewhat of a stylistic nightmare for Hopkins.. Now he's going to undo that possible advantage, sit down on his punches and try to beat up Hopkins? Questionable.
                This would have been a great tactical adjustment for Pascal, but for Hopkins. Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post

figure dawson got rid of steward so he wouldnt get yelled at with mannys
                  complaint of chad training at home and slacking off.
                  so now he surrounds himself with more 'yes' men.

Comment

What I have noticed is that Steward turns fighters passive. He did the same with Cotto. I want the old Cotto back. Not the new passive Cotto.

Comment

Working...
                    X