• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TRAVI$ View Post
    Scolari just took it down the pipe
    What's Sven upto these days?
    He is in Mexico.

Comment

• Did anyone catch any of the Leeds - Millwall game?

**** me I didn't realize just how far Leeds had fallen tell tonight. They're ****e!

Comment

• Yeah I watched it, Beckford's goals were awesome, especially the first. He's quality.

Comment

• long range goals compilation i put together :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3YUBitDjLE

Comment

• Originally posted by Excelsior View Post
            long range goals compilation i put together :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3YUBitDjLE
            Has it got Yoann Gourcuff's goal in it?

Comment

• This one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IxSWFDZP7M

Comment

• Originally posted by ЯiZO View Post
                great goal mate ,iv never seen that one , first touch then whack !! fukn great goal

Comment

• Six months out for Arteta

Arteta out for the season
                  Spaniard suffers knee ligament damage at Newcastle

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/2545/mikelarteta.jpg

By Graeme Bailey Last updated: 23rd February 2009

Everton have confirmed that Mikel Arteta will miss the rest of the season after rupturing his cruciate knee ligament.

Arteta was injured during the opening minutes of Everton's 0-0 draw with Newcastle at St James' Park on Sunday.

Manager David Moyes feared the worst immediately after the match and now the club have confirmed that the Spanish midfielder will require surgery and is facing up to six months on the sidelines.

"When he came off the pitch I spoke to Mikel and said: 'Sorry mate, but this is a bad injury,' but he knew anyway. He's not daft, he's a very smart guy," Everton's head physio Mick Rathbone told the club's official website.

"We're looking at him being out for about six months. We don't want to hurry Mikel, we don't hurry any of the players back, but we are looking at the start of next season now.

"He's very down, but he's a mature guy, he's a top sportsman and he knows that one of the hazards of being a top class sportsman is that you get injured.

"He is somewhat philosophical and is already talking about getting back playing next season.

"So we don't wallow in it, it's football, it happens. We just need to get it operated on and get him back."

Surgery

Rathbone also confirmed that Arteta will go under the knife back in his homeland.

"He's going to have surgery early next week in Barcelona," he said.

"We use three surgeons - the best in Britain, the best in Europe and the best in America. Clearly it suits Mikel to use the Spanish guy and he is very happy with the choice."

The news is a huge blow to Everton, who are currently stand sixth in the Premier League table, 10 points behind fourth-placed Aston Villa.

The Toffees are also still in the FA Cup, where they will face West Ham or Middlesbrough in the quarter-finals, and Moyes's threadbare squad can ill-afford to lose one of its key members.

Comment

• I am gutted Mikel is gonna be out for the reason of the season. he has been excellent since Moyes put him in the middle. I just hope we can get Osman, pienaar and Fellaini match fit for next game.

Comment

• Arsenal is going to put Roma aside as easily as we did AC Milan last year.

Comment

Working...
                      X