No announcement yet.

Rewatched Floyd-Jmm and i have never seen Jmm look so lost

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rewatched Floyd-Jmm and i have never seen Jmm look so lost

He was trying his best and could not land anything and the counter puncher was getting countered,he looked lost,irritated and frustrated.It literally looked like a big brother playing with his little brother.Styles really do make fights

We all knew that would happen Larry.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
      We all knew that would happen Larry.
      I dont think anyone knew he would get outclassed like that..it has never happened to him before

Comment

Originally posted by Mr LarryX View Post
        I dont think anyone knew he would get outclassed like that..it has never happened to him before
        I sure as hell did.

Comment

Of course he was lost, he was fighting two divisions above his natural weight in his opponent's backyard 2,000 miles from home with a US ref and three US judges after being robbed of 2lbs.

He wasn't supposed to be anything but lost.
          Last edited by Weebler I; 09-27-2012, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Man he should still be at light weight. The only welter he can hang with is manny and thats cuz he knows how to fight manny not cuz mannys a small welter.

Comment

To me, that fight was the greatest stamp on Floyd's greatness.

Pacquiao is still trying to figure out Marquez - at the very same weight that Floyd toyed with Marquez.

What other fighter in this era can do that to JMM? Name him.

Comment

Looked insanely sharp too, one of his best performance

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                  Of course he was lost, he was fighting two divisions above his natural weight in his opponent's backyard 2,000 miles from home with a US ref and three US judges after being robbed of 2lbs.
                  How much do you think the bolded part affected the fight?

Be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr LarryX View Post
                    Floyd is at another level than JMM defensively, plus he uses his physical attributes FULLY.

JMM at times would throw shots that would land on anyone else, but not Floyd, both because Floyd is a defensive wizard, and because JMM was just too small, with too little reach for some of those shots to reach him.

JMM was just too small to be competitive with a Floyd whom could easily compete at 154 if he wanted too, he has the size, reach, etc. JMM is an overblown lightweight honestly.

I don't consider that fight to be a measure of anything other than a great small guy fighting a great much bigger guy.

Comment

Working...
                    X