No announcement yet.

Did Nacho outcoach Freddie?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ringlife View Post
    Nacho was waiting for that double fake for Marquez just to throw the right cross.
    I agree, you guys are right. The only change Roach made with Manny was to have him be more aggressive. Otherwise he was still doing that same double jab feint followed by a straight left. Like always.

Nacho and Marquez were clearly waiting for it.
    Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 12-11-2012, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Freddie isn't an elite trainer. Linares, Khan, and now Pac have ended up pancaked. That type of s hit doesn't happen to the best fighters of the best trainers.

Comment

I actually thought Pacquiao had a really good gameplan, that he was executing very well. He just walked into that shot.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          I agree, you guys are right. The only change Roach made with Manny was to have him be more aggressive. Otherwise he was still doing that same double jab feint followed by a straight left. Like always.

Nacho and Marquez were clearly waiting for it.
          I thought Pac was doing the best he's ever doing at luring Marquez into punches. You can't eliminate every habit from a fighter who's been around as long as Pac, and those habits got him KTFO.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            It looks to me like setting up a big right hand was Nacho's plan for JMM the whole time, even during training camp.

Marquez is a G

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              I thought Pac was doing the best he's ever doing at luring Marquez into punches. You can't eliminate every habit from a fighter who's been around as long as Pac, and those habits got him KTFO.
              I think it was the other way around, Marquez was luring Pacquiao to be more aggressive and throw more punches, so he could then get his space to throw those powerful punches.

Even Nacho said it, Marquez is really good at opening spaces so they were just waiting for Pac to get reckless to throw those hard counters.

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
                I think it was the other way around, Marquez was luring Pacquiao to be more aggressive and throw more punches, so he could then get his space to throw those powerful punches.

Even Nacho said it, Marquez is really good at opening spaces so they were just waiting for Pac to get reckless to throw those hard counters.
                Marquez always does that though, so that's not a surprise. He normally doesn't take the shots and combinations he did in this fight in return. Marquez wanted him open, but he didn't want to get smacked around in the process.

Comment

Marquez always does that though, so that's not a surprise. He normally doesn't take the shots and combinations he did in this fight in return. Marquez wanted him open, but he didn't want to get smacked around in the process.
                  He had to take chances to get in the right place. In Marquez vs Pacquiao 3 Marquez wasn't taking as much punishment, but he wasn't as close to Pac as he was in this fight.

In order for Marquez to land that brutal right hand that took Manny out, he had to get closer to Pac so it was obvious he was going to get more hits on the process.

JMM was playing with fire, but in the end the strategy gave him the right result.

Comment

I actually thought Pacquiao had a really good
                    gameplan, that he was executing very well. He just walked into that shot.
                    spot on, Pacquiao had Marquez flummoxed with his head and upper body movement and was winning the fight both on the cards and in the ring until the KO.

I dont think Freddie could be faulted for an almost perfect plan against a great fighter. Nacho's fighter was losing the fight and just about to lose another round.

At the end of the day they were preparing for a different fighter this time around, not just a counterpuncher but a counterpuncher with unprecedented KO power.

No one could have predicted that (well no one outside of Angel Hernandez perhaps).

Originally posted by Ringlife View Post
                    Nacho was waiting for that double fake for Marquez just to throw the right cross.
                    lol yeah sure, Nachtradumus
                    Last edited by Weebler I; 12-11-2012, 05:59 PM.

Comment

jesus, people really overrate the sht outta the backpeddling counter puncher, esspecially their boxing intelligence
                      you guys realise it basically takes no thought process in backpeddling and countering(compared to the chaser)?

it's simple as sht compared to trying to suprise your opponnent with every punch you throw on the guy that just waits

pacquiao wasn't simply being more aggressive, he was confusin the sht outta marquez with constant fients and sneakily closing teh distance(both of which the headmovement was granting him) and that leading left he throws leaves him in a position that marquez can't get him back from
                      marquez started out like he did in the 3rd fight, actually their strategy was exactly the same as that of the third fight, but down the line they thought "oh snap, we are winning, forget the ko juan, RUN!!"
                      marquez's game, like most counter-punchers, is to make his punches count, to counter with "power" shots
                      he came out like the last fight, "body shots first rd, body shots 2nd rd, suprise *****! head shot!!"

he just hadn't been roiding long enough, now he's peaked
                      Last edited by SplitSecond; 12-11-2012, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X