Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For Spanish speakers have you gouys noticed also how bad this HBO interpreter is?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Spanish speakers have you gouys noticed also how bad this HBO interpreter is?

Over the years I am so amazed of how he leaves so much ish out that it is ridiculous. And its usually important stuff. Also I have noticed that any time a fighter says something controversial he always conveniently leaves it out. Like he is too classy to have those words to come out of his mouth, but then again the job of an interpreter is be the voice of the other person, therefore you must translate everything word by word without leaving anything out. That means if a patient says to the doctor you are an idiot as an interpreter you don't sugarcoat it you have to relay that message. Props to the Mexican guy at showtime who always does a great job with that, at least someone got the memo.

yes thank goodness someone brought it up. he's HORRIBLE

Comment

He stinks. I'm thinking of sending in my resume to HBO.

Comment

He'll yea I'm glad someone else notices how he omits a lot of stuff and basically say shid in his own way

Comment

lmao the showtime guy is prican and hes the worst.....

Olaya(HBO's) is actually pretty good....i think he just thought it was classless of Lara to say that and didnt want to repeat it.....

Comment

I have been thinking the same thing for the longest. I also get annoyed when that guy changes things up, he is paid to translate not put his spin on what a fighter says.

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
              lmao the showtime guy is prican and hes the worst.....

Olaya(HBO's) is actually pretty good....i think he just thought it was classless of Lara to say that and didnt want to repeat it.....
              what did he say?

Comment

Originally posted by wave View Post
                what did he say?
                He said Vanes had no heart and was a coward....( note to people, pendejo is used as idiot in Mexico/Spain, but its coward in cuba...)

Comment

Originally posted by wave View Post
                  what did he say?
                  If we're talking about the Lara fight, Lara called Vanes a Pendejo (jackass).

and yeah the translator sucks. He didn't just leave the insults out. He left out how Lara said that he would beat him every time as well as other important points.

He's just not a top level translator. I've seen better. The ones that work in government are able to do it on the fly as the original person is speaking.

Comment

feel sorry for non spanish speakers

Comment

Working...
                    X