Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I love to stir this pot up so tell me.......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    i like floyd as much as the next man but tommy hearns would retire him
    he's probably the last WW in history that mayweather could beat, or even fight and remain healthy.

tommy hearns would fold floyd like a napkin. they are a different class of WW.
    he'd keep him at the end of his punches and eventually drop the right hand. lights out.
    if he somehow remains upright he's not making it out of the round.

like jab said, tommy hearns is the last guy on earth you want to try and outbox given his dimensions and power

he can knock your jab down and put his right hand over it (and he's got the best right hand ever thrown at WW and nobody comes close)
    he's got a great jab of his own
    and he remained tall

given floyd's nature, i seriously doubt he would come back

tommy via kayo after maybe six rounds. real honest to goodness kayo. he'd pick up where shane left off and violently snap floyds head around till he went out.
    and floyd would announce his retirement after the fight

lol, I can totally see that happening except the last part. The big difference there is, Mosley threw a MMA haymaker and got lucky. Hearns throws technical efficient punches, not MMA haymaker stuff.

Floyd would have to either walk right into the right hand like a dumb ass or somehow not have the reflexes that is more than likely, only second to Pernell whitaker.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
      You really think you're some kind of genius history judge and jury? You admit this. As long as everybody agrees to jock the same guy its cool right. And anybody who defends Floyd against any great fighter before the year 1998 is not worthy of an opinion. If I said Hagler gives SRR a run for his money some would disagree but we could still have a sensible conversation. But If I were to say Floyd could win 4 rounds against Hearns its the ultimate sin? Can you just voluntarily ignore me from now on? And I'll do the same "Oh Great One"?LoL. Damn 12 year old kid.
      I got better idea: How bouts you slither out this section and go back to NSB before another reg makes you look like a fool.....something that happens every time you try and "debate" one. Remember I tried to have an "adult" conversation with you? Remember how you turned b1tch and acted like kid that just got an F on his test? It's right there in type for anyone to read. I gave you a chance and you decided to pull the proverbial b1tch moves. After that you can be certain I'll never treat you as anything other than an ignorant **** that needs slapping. You made your bed now lay in it

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
        I got better idea: How bouts you slither out this section and go back to NSB before another reg makes you look like a fool.....something that happens every time you try and "debate" one. Remember I tried to have an "adult" conversation with you? Remember how you turned b1tch and acted like kid that just got an F on his test? It's right there in type for anyone to read. I gave you a chance and you decided to pull the proverbial b1tch moves. After that you can be certain I'll never treat you as anything other than an ignorant **** that needs slapping. You made your bed now lay in it

Poet
        All I remember is you bringing up Bobick like it was some priceless piece of information and the rest was irrelevant fluff. Like I said then. Like I said to your buds that tried to defend you. And the same **** thats going on right now. You cant run me anywhere boy. Its a computer screen. Please try to focus on that small bit of information. B8tch move? Coming from a guy who uses ignore. I dont use ignore nor do I use Red K's. You know how grown men in touch with reality do things or maybe not.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
          I agree with this somewhat. Hearns was a big dude so that is his number 1 advantage. Then his jab was fierce and his right straight was deadly. Basically I think he would follow ODLH's game plan but try to ice Floyd with the right hand more often.

The thing is, Floyd may be able to figure out such a linear game plan with relative ease(2-3rnds max). He figured ODLH's game plan but was never threatened so he let ODLH continue with jabbing at his shoulder.

With Hearns I think Floyd will watch for the right straight more so than lean agaisnt the ropes like he did with ODLH. Then probably slip into the angles and one-shot him like he did with Corrales(taller guy similarity).

So, end result imo is Hearns by shocking kayo if it's a 15er or Floyd by decision if it's a 12er.
          I disagree bro. You gotta remember that Hearns was a vicious body puncher and would bring Floyds hands down, especially if he tried staying on the ropes like he often did with Oscar. Floyd is a tough kid and would probably find a way to survive, but he'd be in defensive mode and take a serious beating. You can't beat Hearns by pot shotting him, you have to bull him around. I just can't see Floyd doing that.

Comment

All I remember is you bringing up Bobick like it was some priceless piece of information and the rest was irrelevant fluff. Like I said then. Like I said to your buds that tried to defend you. And the same **** thats going on right now. You cant run me anywhere boy. Its a computer screen. Please try to focus on that small bit of information. B8tch move? Coming from a guy who uses ignore. I dont use ignore nor do I use Red K's. You know how grown men in touch with reality do things or maybe not.
            In theory grown men don't continuously display their ignorance on the internet the way you do.....but you still do it. And btw, there's a diverence between irrelivent and someone lacking the basic brain power to comprehend. In the case of the Bobick example it's a rock solid case of you displaying the latter.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
              I disagree bro. You gotta remember that Hearns was a vicious body puncher and would bring Floyds hands down, especially if he tried staying on the ropes like he often did with Oscar. Floyd is a tough kid and would probably find a way to survive, but he'd be in defensive mode and take a serious beating. You can't beat Hearns by pot shotting him, you have to bull him around. I just can't see Floyd doing that.

This is how I see it going too. I'm a strong admirer of Mayweather's skills but I also know how good and complete Hearns was at welterweight. Hearns could take you out with one shot either to the head or body. Or he could pick you apart with his jab from the outside. It took Sugar Ray Leonard to beat him there and he was thoroughly outboxing Leonard.

There has not been a welterweight since Leonard that I would pick over Hearns at 147.

This is one of my favorite Hearns fight that you raerely hear about or see. This is some of the best body punching you'll ever see.

Last edited by joseph5620; 05-28-2011, 10:26 AM.

Comment

You really think you're some kind of genius history judge and jury? You admit this. As long as everybody agrees to jock the same guy its cool right. And anybody who defends Floyd against any great fighter before the year 1998 is not worthy of an opinion. If I said Hagler gives SRR a run for his money some would disagree but we could still have a sensible conversation. But If I were to say Floyd could win 4 rounds against Hearns its the ultimate sin? Can you just voluntarily ignore me from now on? And I'll do the same "Oh Great One"?LoL. Damn 12 year old kid.
                That's very probable in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
                  That's very probable in my opinion.
                  I definitely think its possible.

Comment

I definitely think its possible.
                    People get mesmerised by the WW Sugar Ray Robinson but, tend to forget the MW version wasn't exactly unbeatable, especially facing ATG's such as Hagler or Monzon.

Comment

Yeah I'd pick Mayweather over Arguello.

Comment

Working...
                      X