Man shot 13 times by police

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man shot 13 times by police

Crazy

The victim was moving and looked to be reaching for something. The cop did overreact. First off you don't get out of your patrol car and confront the guy. He should have drawn his gun and stayed behind his door and evaluated the threat, instead of rushing towardspoint him and drawing his gun. The way he kept yelling at that poor girl that came out to realize her loved one was shot to death on the floor made me sick. Then the dumb muther fuker keeps his gun drawn on him as if he's still a threat while he lays there motionless dead.

I hope this cop loses his job and gets what he deserves.

Comment

Dont blame him, guy reached back like he was about to grab something. I woulda done the same

Comment

Ummm ....

What did this guy do to deserve the stop?

Did he draw a gun or something?

From the video, this Cop is out of control and severely over-reacted.

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
          Ummm ....

What did this guy do to deserve the stop?

Did he draw a gun or something?

From the video, this Cop is out of control and severely over-reacted.
          Well the cop says "drop the knife", but i highly doubt the guy could have done any damage with the knife after the second shot and already on the ground. There was no reason to unload the clip on the guy.

Comment

Looked like cop was waiting for the described truck to come by. .

Cop knew him by name so that tells me the guy was a known offender, and he was almost certainly serving an arrest warrant on him.

Looks completely justifiable to me. You keep your ****ing hands in the air, or do exactly what the cop tells you to do when he has a gun drawn on you. What kind of dumbass, or either violent person with intent to not be apprehended reaches for something when a cop is screaming with a gun on them?

I don't think people can really say a police officer overreacted when they haven't seen what cops have seen. Nor know the offender, and situation he was dealing with.

If evidence comes out otherwise, I'll concede the cop acted overzealously. But even then, he was within every right to open fire, and shoot to kill when you see a suspect reaching for something after being told NOT TO DO THAT.

Comment

To me it looks fake, it could be a reinactment. No gun flash and the way the gun shots didn't seem to go with the cop's pointing the gun. If it was a real police video they would have to blur the licence plate and street name to avoid a lawsuit. The guy shot wasn't even getting bullet holes as he was shot, just the one.

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
                Looked like cop was waiting for the described truck to come by. .

Cop knew him by name so that tells me the guy was a known offender, and he was almost certainly serving an arrest warrant on him.

Looks completely justifiable to me. You keep your ****ing hands in the air, or do exactly what the cop tells you to do when he has a gun drawn on you. What kind of dumbass, or either violent person with intent to not be apprehended reaches for something when a cop is screaming with a gun on them?

I don't think people can really say a police officer overreacted when they haven't seen what cops have seen. Nor know the offender, and situation he was dealing with.

If evidence comes out otherwise, I'll concede the cop acted overzealously. But even then, he was within every right to open fire, and shoot to kill when you see a suspect reaching for something after being told NOT TO DO THAT.
                Agree with this post. Keep your hands up next time just like he asks, and don't pull out a knife? It's really not that hard.

Great job by the cop.
                Last edited by thuggery; 12-14-2012, 03:22 AM.

Comment

saw up until the point where the girls starts screaming.

It looked like he was reaching for something, possible a small gun or a knife and at that distance you can't wait to see if it's a knife and risk him attacking you.

The police officer did the right thing

Comment

to maniac, and im so sorry, just so, so sorry - exactly. it's not a difficult idea to understand that if you do the exact opposite of what a police officer tells you to do, you're going to get shot.

lol, the cop even said "Ernie, I'm going to shoot you if you don't stop."

Comment

Working...
                    X