No announcement yet.

Any excercise with BRICKS?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any excercise with BRICKS?

I want to know if there is an old school type of workout with bricks. Let me know

Originally posted by PureBoxingCEO View Post
    I want to know if there is an old school type of workout with bricks. Let me know
    you could imitate dumbbell exercise's with them and you could probably hold em when doing roadwork as well

Comment

I had a friend who was really into working out with cement blocks (and sledge hammers, axes, etc) sort of anything one might find around the house.

I worked out with him one time, I can't remember most of the excersizes, but it wore me out. All I remember it was alot of picking them up and moving them somewhere else. Time Trial type stuff, stack them here as quickly as possible, then stack them over there... etc

Also throw a bunch of those bad boys in a military style duffle bag, or at least a strong duffle bag and you can curl them, you can deadlift with them, squats, jog with them, and other various lifts. Tricept curls, etc.

Comment

Thats nice, i saw plenty o bricks around my house and i thought to do some workouts with it, i think its a good idea

Comment

Originally posted by DIB420 View Post
          I had a friend who was really into working out with cement blocks (and sledge hammers, axes, etc) sort of anything one might find around the house.

I worked out with him one time, I can't remember most of the excersizes, but it wore me out. All I remember it was alot of picking them up and moving them somewhere else. Time Trial type stuff, stack them here as quickly as possible, then stack them over there... etc

Also throw a bunch of those bad boys in a military style duffle bag, or at least a strong duffle bag and you can curl them, you can deadlift with them, squats, jog with them, and other various lifts. Tricept curls, etc.
          Tell me how you do this?

Comment

Yep, we do this all da time in my gym, builds neck muscles so ya can take a punch better

Comment

We do these too, builds up ya balls, so ya take a shot to the ghoolies

Comment

Give these a try

Comment

Originally posted by Stannis View Post
                  Tell me how you do this?
                  A couple different ways. The bag sits in between your legs, and you lift at the handles. Its sort of a limited range of motion. You can do some other variations too, if you have two bags you can run a bar through the handles. Its not as pretty as with a barbell, but if its what you're working with.

You should be able to google it, its not something exclusive to my friend. Apparently there is a whole series of duffle bag and "things around the house" workouts.

Comment

Look up Charles Bronson (the prisoner). I believe his entire routine is based on cinder blocks. He was a bare knuckle boxer and is considered the most dangerous prisoner in england. Also he is nuttier then a rat in a pistachio factory.

Comment

Working...
                    X