Collapse
No announcement yet.

WOW Buffer had the scorecards and told khan he won

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ive watched the replay on HBO twice more during the week, and both times i scored it 7-5 khan. . . and i was even playing "hometown favorite" by giving peterson round 2. . watching the fight live, i gave it to khan. . . but i guess it's a close enough round where could go either way. . .

mad props to peterson for fighting his heart out, but khan won that fight. . .

Comment

The bottom line is that it was a close fight, and anybody that thinks otherwise, or labels it a "robbery" is likely under the age of 18, or has only recently started following the sport.

Khan could have ran away with it, had he actually had an inside game. But he doesn't, and he didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
        The bottom line is that it was a close fight, and anybody that thinks otherwise, or labels it a "robbery" is likely under the age of 18, or has only recently started following the sport.

Khan could have ran away with it, had he actually had an inside game. But he doesn't, and he didn't.
        It was hometown decision.

I dont think its a hard fight to score at all. Its 4-4 after 8 and then Khan wins the later rounds. But I would feel uncomfortably calling it a robbery givin the way Peterson performed.

Comment

Originally posted by Brock Landers View Post
          It was hometown decision.

I dont think its a hard fight to score at all. Its 4-4 after 8 and then Khan wins the later rounds. But I would feel uncomfortably calling it a robbery givin the way Peterson performed.
          None of the judges were even from DC and the crowd was 50/50 it seemed like.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
            None of the judges were even from DC and the crowd was 50/50 it seemed like.
            Irrelevant really....

Comment

Originally posted by Pugly! View Post
              ive watched the replay on HBO twice more during the week, and both times i scored it 7-5 khan. . . and i was even playing "hometown favorite" by giving peterson round 2. . watching the fight live, i gave it to khan. . . but i guess it's a close enough round where could go either way. . .

mad props to peterson for fighting his heart out, but khan won that fight. . .
              Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post

I don't think any genuine boxing fan could honestly state, that either fighter won that fight convincingly. The fanboy's take on the fight is another story.

And that's what makes for a great fight -- But when the loser cries excessively like Khan is doing in this instance, it really diminishes the fight.

It was a fight that either could have won, but it would seem that only Peterson was ready to accept that reality.

Comment

Losing respect for Khan by the second.

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
                  I don't think any genuine boxing fan could honestly state, that either fighter won that fight convincingly. The fanboy's take on the fight is another story.

And that's what makes for a great fight -- But when the loser cries excessively like Khan is doing in this instance, it really diminishes the fight.

It was a fight that either could have won, but it would seem that only Peterson was ready to accept that reality.
                  Khan won it clearly in rounds but not convincingly overall. Its the perfect example of a "close but clear" decision.

Comment

If Kahn is gonna complain, as least make a credible complaint, like Peterson's open and liberal use of his elbow and forearms. But eff it, **** is almost as bad as when dude got KTFO by Prescott

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
                      Your illusions aside ...... "Khan stated that he was HEADBUTTED several times"

When did this occur, what round\timeframe ???
                      this part made me chuckle out loud

gracias!

Comment

Working...
                      X