Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is it a problem that Pac get tested if Mayweather is ALSO tested?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikemurni View Post
    Thats true but you are not going in the ring with the possibility of getting your body punished. Floyd style is different from Pac.. Pac relies on aggression for 12 rounds which means he needs every ounce of energy before a fight.. Have you taken blood test before.. It makes you woozy.. And even after an hour, you still feel the effects
    Yea, I don't agree with a blood test being taken the day of the fight, but I see no problem with him having tests during his training camp up to 3 days before the fight.

It will also remove any steroid allegations against him should he pass the tests - which I think he will. I see no problem with these tests, if athletes of the highest level in other sports can endure the same simple procedure.

Him refusing is only going to give rise to further steroid accusations.

Comment

Apart from him looking suspicious, what kind of example is Pacquiao setting for young kids and aspiring athletes? or stars in other sports who undertake a lot more hardcore, constant testing?
      No excuses - this is wrong on any level and is going to damage boxings image, never-mind Pacquiao's, for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
        the problem is not the testing.

pac agreed to comply to blood tests (he didn't have to and it's not required)

the problem is they thought it'd be a blood test in the middle of training camp and 1 right after the fight.

schaeffer stated it could be as much as 5 blood tests and 12 urine tests in a space of 8 weeks.
        The tests should be during training camp, because that is when the fighte will most likely take them. Each blood test only takes a teaspoon of blood, so its not going too affect pac.

Comment

Originally posted by Easy Work View Post
          the bottom line is that Mayweather's camp feels the man cheats
          If they really felt that, then they wouldn't want to fight him. And if they do feel that, why do they want the fight?

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
            If they really felt that, then they wouldn't want to fight him. And if they do feel that, why do they want the fight?

To make sure both fighters are clean going into the fight so that no one can come out with excuse after the fight??? To keep any rumours of steriods abuse by both fighters? To make sure the biggest fight of our era was a clean affair???

No-one see either fighters taking steriods or drugs but the rumours are still there and if i was involve in a fight like this i would want to know that my opponent is clean and vice-versa.

Comment

Working...
            X