No announcement yet.

What people aren't paying attention to

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What people aren't paying attention to

Is that Manny's chin was ATG quality... How hard does Marquez hit now?

True chins are one of the first things to go on an aging fighter, after speed... But can Manny really be that far gone?

Or is Marquez now, (somehow) a devastating puncher

I mean, if he can KO Manny, there aren't that many fighters around that he can't KO... I doubt even Rios would stand up for long

Is Marquez the new man to be feared, or was it more Pacquiao's fault?

Marquez is a great counterpuncher with decent power and he landed probably the best timed shot of his career. That would have knocked anybody out.

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
      Marquez is a great counterpuncher with decent power and he landed probably the best timed shot of his career. That would have knocked anybody out.
      But the first knockdown wasn't really a well timed counter... It was a well set up shot, but it was something he'd landed on Manny in the past and didn't even wobble him, now he launched the guy across the ring with it

That's power

Comment

pacquiaos fault imo... pwil was the same case. he had an even better chin seeing how he fought better punchers at higher weights. pac is better than pwill defensively.. he was just irresponsible.. and he paid for it. no coincidence it looked exactly like the pwill ko...sergio learned and adjusted.. pwill didnt... marquez learned and adjusted(won the last 2 imo)... and pacquiao didnt.

Comment

I remember Roy Jones talking about Marquez's Physique, how it was of a body builders but it was well suited for overhand punches or something.
          He was pretty much spot on I guess

Comment

He did look more powerful and it shows that he worked on strength a lot in his training.

Comment

lets not overlook the fact that their ko percentage is almost identical... juan having the edge

Comment

Juan Manuel Marquez is the King!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
                  Thread should have ended here

Comment

By the way, nobody is buying your stupid little threads that you make to raise suspicion on JMM doing something illegal. So, you can stop it!

JMM has always been the better boxer, and he proved it last night! I loved every second of last night!

Comment

Working...
                    X