• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
    thats after Guerrero told him to come up to 147

heres the conversation

BRONER

"You can't deny talent," Broner fired. "Be real with yourself before your pride gets you [expletive] up. Just look at it like this, you beat Vicente [Escobedo] clearly but I STOPPED HIM. … Let's be real, you know I'm the man when I got 147lb guys trying to make a big fight with me cause they can't sell they self."

ROBERT

"I'm not trying to sell nothing! Didn't you call me, Marquez, and Pacman out? You called the big boys out, I'm not letting it happen!" Guerrero responded. "Jump up 2 weight classes & beat the #1 contender! You're a good lil fighter coming up, but you are a rookie! Move up to 147 where I'm at now! The big boys and let's lock & load! You're 10 fights young & 5 titles away!"
    But wasn't Guerrero responding to Broner calling him out?

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
      But wasn't Guerrero responding to Broner calling him out?

Comment

i dont mind broner going to 147 to fight guerrero because theres frankly no way guerrero beats him. and im a fan of both, but this isnt the fight for guerrero. hes not built to deal with pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
          i dont mind broner going to 147 to fight guerrero because theres frankly no way guerrero beats him. and im a fan of both, but this isnt the fight for guerrero. hes not built to deal with pressure.
          IDK if Broner beats Guerrero, but I wouldn't argue with those that think he would.

Whole point in bringing Guerrero into this was I think a victory over Guerrero is 20x better than a Demarco win.

Guerrero, Rios and Marquez were the real guys at 135 before they left.

I take my hat off to DeMarco, but he just filled the empty slot. Guerrero, Rios, Marquez and possibly Abril could all beat DeMarco.

Comment

It's like if Ward, Froch, Dirrel and Kessler all moved up from 168 to 175 and Golovkin came up to 168 and beat Pavlik who happened to be ranked #1 by default.

Would that be a good win for GGG? Absolutely. But let's not get carried away. Especially when the real guys at 168 left.

Comment

Well, Demarco made a huge mistake fighting on the inside. Why would he do that when he is tall and lanky and is in with a shorter guy? He had a little more success when he was fighting from a distance. He was broken down from the inside with those body shots.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                It's like if Ward, Froch, Dirrel and Kessler all moved up from 168 to 175 and Golovkin came up to 168 and beat Pavlik who happened to be ranked #1 by default.

Would that be a good win for GGG? Absolutely. But let's not get carried away. Especially when the real guys at 168 left.
                ikr lets take a look at demarco for a moment. the guy was brought in as an unknown opponent for linares to look good against, he gets a come from behind win and he is suddenly 1# in the division? linares didnt even have any good wins at 135
                Vazquez was a much tougher opponent, he has no losses at 135 and has defended his alphabet a bunch of times

Comment

waha anybody picking Demarco to win DONT KNOW CRAP ABOUT BOXING PERIOD
                  there are only 2 guys that matter at 135 rigth now Vazquez Titare and April anybody esle is Garbage in that weight class
                  Last edited by solo20; 11-20-2012, 01:36 AM.

Comment

Gary Shaw didn't even believe in his own fighter. Even he knew he was going to get destroyed. Talking about he wishes he could promote Broner Lol.

Comment

Working...
                    X