Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anybody disagree that Victor Ortiz would punish Devon Alexander?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Devon Alexander was vastly over rated but Ortiz obviously has problems at 140.

At 147, who knows if Alexander will be more in sync with his body. As in, he fits better at 147?

So I couldn't objectively say if Alexander could beat Ortiz or vice versa.

Comment

Who has Ortiz ever destroyed to make people think Devon would be so easy?

I certainly would pick Ortiz to win, but to think he just walks through Alexander and knocks him out early seems really unrealistic.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
        Im with you on the interest for this fight Rome homie. As I stated in a post earlier today. I think it's premature for his 1st 147 scrap though. Ortiz shut alot of mouths with is performance against Berto(But after his outting with Floyd, I see that the questionable heart talk is back on the scene. ), it is possible for Devon to do the same at 147. Unlikely, but possible.

Could you imagine the headlines if this fight were to happen and Devon breaks Ortiz down similar to the Urango fight(Ortiz leans in ALOT, and Floyd caught him with the uppercut early and often. SN: A punch I havent seen Floyd use with regularity in years).

To me there is NO reason to ***** on this fight. It's an interesting style match up.
        Damn straight man. Alexander is not vastly overmatched here.

Comment

idk, ortiz isn't a reliable bet, haha. but i'd love to see it get made, that or either guy vs malignaggi. i like the mediorce level that's at welterweight right now, i think it's going to make for good matchmaking and fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
            Devon is not Bradleys best win imo,but it did make him a two time unified Champ..I hope we are not trying to compare resumes between Khan and Bradley..I don't wanna go down that road..
            Compare? There is no need Khans is obviously superior..

Interested to know his best win then? Peterson//holt?

Still Ortiz would be far to much for him @ 147.. unless the move up helps Alexander massively like it has done Ortiz. Alexander has looked out of his depth everytime he has stepped up bar Urango.. who is easily the worse fighter out of Bradley, Kotelnk, Matthyse. Urango looked to becoming on strong before he leapt into an uppercut as well..

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
              I'm doin well Rome my Ace, ready to get back home bruh. And yes indeed you did call that Berto/Ortiz scrap right. I didnt, I thought the comp would make Berto rise to the occassion, I was wrong on that one. It's going to be interesting to see how Devon's power, speed, and chin hold up with the big boys of WW.

How you been mah homie? How's the little lady doin, I know you gon get her to accompany you to the Ward/Froch fight. I already know you gon ride or die with Froch, how do you think he is going to handle Ward? You know Ward can be somewhat of a billy goat in there, he's a tuff and talented young man. What do you think the Cobra's gonna do to counter-act the SOG?
              Sorry to say I won't be attending the Froch Ward fight,I brought a bike so I can't do it as of now..But I will be at Cotto Margas..I know they around the same time(now)but I did not know the fight would be pushed back so I brought tickets for Cotto Margas instead...Plus its 15 min from my house to get too the Garden,I'm in there...But I see Froch using his Jab and some bully tactics against Ward..I think most are gonna be surprised at how much Froch lands on Ward..He is gonna make Ward come to him as well,you will not see the pressure fighter most might expect..You will. See Ward putting pressure and Froch luring him in..But for the most part I just really see a good fight,like I said before Ward might win but it won't be easy,the same goes for Froch I can't wait for this fight...

Comment

Ortiz SHOULD push for a fight with Devon Alexander. Alexander is still young, in his prime, only has a loss to Bradley, and it puts him right back in the thick of things at 147. For some reason, Ortiz doesn't seem too interested in fighting a Berto rematch. If I were Ortiz, I would try and make a fight with Devon Alexander, maybe it could be on the next undercard of a Mayweather fight.

I'd favor Ortiz to win, probably 3-1 or maybe even 4-1, simply because I never thought Devon was THAT good. Ortiz is fairly quick with his punches, has good power, and Devon would try to out-box him. It would be a fairly entertaining fight. I think Ortiz would stop him in the 9th or 10th round, and would be up on the scorecards by probably 2 or 3, maybe 4 points.

Although if Devon were to win, it would elevate him high up in the WW division, for possible fights with Berto, Khan, maybe even Mayweather or Pacquiao. I'd still favor Ortiz big time.

One guy that I think can be a legit top WW ofr years to come is KELL BROOK. Everyone is sleeping on him, and saying he's this or that...the guy has skills. He can walk you down, stick and move, bang, and is very slick at times. He's more for real than MIKE JONES is, that's for sure. The second Jones steps up and fights Brook, Berto, Ortiz, or any other highly rated WW, he'll be beat. I am just not that impressed with his skill set.

Comment

Originally posted by DR BOB View Post
                  Compare? There is no need Khans is obviously superior..

Interested to know his best win then? Peterson//holt?

Still Ortiz would be far to much for him @ 147.. unless the move up helps Alexander massively like it has done Ortiz. Alexander has looked out of his depth everytime he has stepped up bar Urango.. who is easily the worse fighter out of Bradley, Kotelnk, Matthyse. Urango looked to becoming on strong before he leapt into an uppercut as well..
                  Let's just agree to disagree on both fighters resumes,because you have ya opinion and I have mine..But I would say Peterson was Bradleys best win(and why I tip my hat for Khan fighting him)because it seemed to be one of his toughest fights..You can also make an argument for Holt. Tho..But I think Alexanders movement and work rate could give Ortiz some problems..Even tho Ortiz did good against Berto(who I never thought was good)does not mean he couldbeat others at WW..The jury is still out on Ortiz and we don't know how Alexander will look at 147lb either..I think its a very interesting fight, hope it gets made...

Comment

Working...
                  X