No announcement yet.

Which would you pick?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which would you pick?

Low risk with a high reward or high risk with low reward? So many people hate on boxers who choose money over legacy. Im one that feel the money is screwing up boxing but that is looking at it from a fan point of view. Look at it from a boxers point of view. Buisness first fight second.

We can't hate on Mayweather (even though I can't stand the guy as a boxer, but I respect him to the up most as a buisness man) for getting money first then think of his legacy second.

We can't hate on boxers who want to fight a smaller boxer at a catch weight to make more money then he would if he was to clean out his own division.

As a fan of boxing I dont like it but as a buisness man I understand.
    Low risk, high reward
    90.00%
    High risk, low reward
    10.00%

I forgot to mention that I hate catch weights but if it put together a great fight then Im all for it.

Comment

Do anyone agree?

Comment

Given the world economy, you do your job for the sake of family. High reward and less risk of you getting palsy is a much better choice.

Comment

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=274933

I made a similar thread, most people picked low risk.

Comment

People give B-Hop so much flack about fighting smaller fights but the smaler fighters bring more money then fighters in his weight class.

Comment

Low risk and high reward, we must face the facts, most boxers don't care about enhancing their legacy.

Comment

Originally posted by FRANKGWJ View Post
                I forgot to mention that I hate catch weights but if it put together a great fight then Im all for it.
                That is why catch weights are being made to produce a great fight and to make things possible.

Comment

Well as with economics, if you have a chance of Low risk High reward that is the way to go. But I prefer High Risk with High reward wich it is supposed to be that way. One thing must go with the other if you are going to take high risk there should be a reward for that.

So for the sake of the options Low Risk, High Reward....

But the truth should be High Risk with High Reward......

Comment

It has to be a combination of both. High reward doesn't always mean a good payday. Every sportsman is in the business to make a name for himself so fighting just for money is not true or good. People are proud and want to be remembered. As far as the money goes, well, that's why u have lawyers and promoters, to have them take care of that side. However, as a boxer with a good name and moving up; why would u want to fight someone who will bring little money and at the same time nothing to ur legacy? ex. Williams vs most anybody in the big leagues. Boxing IS a tough sport, so taking care of the financial side is very important, but every single boxer has a dream of becoming a champion and be remembered just as much as every college or nba rookie basketball player, etc.

some fighters lose respect because all they end up caring about is having an easy fight with a good payday, yet us as fans want to see the best fights possible. Becoming a respected boxer with a good legacy WILL bring u good money anyways

Comment

Working...
                    X