No announcement yet.

A better win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Before the fight, I imagine most would have said Froch beating Bute.

I can see already that this win is going down the road of being discredited in the future.
    I never thought it was that good to begin with however Froch deserves a lot of credit because Bute was one of the top guys at SMW. I only that this because I was never sold on Bute.

Froch deserves a rematch with Kessler now for sure. Winner should get a Ward fight.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
      It all depends on how Bute bounces back.
      You have to be on top before you can bounce back to it.

Bute's best wins are andrade and miranda ffs

Comment

Both JC & Kessler were undefeated. That fight was rightfully a pickem fight. It was close in the 1st half.

But Bute was actually favored to beat Froch. Instead Froch totally dominated him, therefore I choose the underdog destroying the favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
          Both JC & Kessler were undefeated. That fight was rightfully a pickem fight. It was close in the 1st half.

But Bute was actually favored to beat Froch. Instead Froch totally dominated him, therefore I choose the underdog destroying the favorite.
          So how about Calzaghe vs. Lacy?

Imo Kessler is a much better win for Calzaghe than Lacy was. And Calzaghe was a favorite vs. Kessler and a dog vs. Lacy.

It's not all about the perceived risk honestly. If so we are talking about "biggest upset".

Comment

As much as I prefer Froch over Calzaghe, there's no doubt that Calzaghe's win was better but Froch was much more dominant.

But if Bute has a successful career after this (and by this I mean beat some top names) then it could change but I'm sticking with JC on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post

Imo Kessler is a much better win for Calzaghe than Lacy was. And Calzaghe was a favorite vs. Kessler and a dog vs. Lacy.

It's not all about the perceived risk honestly. If so we are talking about "biggest upset".
              You're right. I'll accept that.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post

If Bute goes on to have a Lacy type career then the answer is obvious but if he goes on to achieve quality wins and regains a title or 2 then it'll be up for debate

Comment

Kessler.......who the **** has overrated Bute actually beat-no one

Comment

Originally posted by project xxx1 View Post
                    Kessler.......who the **** has overrated Bute actually beat-no one
                    You do realize he has many common opponents of Froch-Ward and was not invited to the S6 which left the cupboard pretty bare in terms of comp for him to face and the ones left Stieglitz,Pavlik and when Kessler pulled out all showed minimal effort inregards to fight him so yeah he had no Big names but there was a reason for this and when one became available he took it that's a tired argument

Comment

Froch coming off a loss to Ward and fighting a guy 30-0 with 24 knockouts is a better win in my opinion. Bute was favourite for the fight and most people wrote Froch off

Comment

Working...
                      X