No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Broner Has No Interest in Giving Malignaggi a Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Broner Has No Interest in Giving Malignaggi a Rematch

Adrien Broner secured his third world title when he defeated Paulie Malignaggi last June at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, NY in his welterweight debut. Broner won via split decision but Malignaggi felt he should’ve been awarded the victory. Since then, Paulie has stated he wants a rematch with Broner and even took to Twitter to once again express his desire for a second fight.

Recent reports from Richard Schaefer and Broner himself confirm they are looking in a different direction as Broner’s next opponent will likely be hard hitting Marcos Maidana. BoxingScene caught up with Broner and asked him if he would still be interested in tangling with Malignaggi again.

“Negative. I rather see him fight another guy and I’ll support Paulie because at the end of the day Paulie is a friend of mine. But this is a business so when he fights me, it’s f**k Paulie. But now that our business is over, I would like to see Paulie finish his career or stay a commentator because he can talk his ass off” Broner would tell BoxingScene. [Click Here To Read More]

in before haters say hes ducking a guy he already beat to fight a guy they previously claimed he was afraid to face.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
      in before haters say hes ducking a guy he already beat to fight a guy they previously claimed he was afraid to face.
      golly gee...you beat me.

Broner knows he got outclassed.

Comment

No rematch needed. he beat paulie clearly. time to move on. broner v maidana and paulie back to commentating.

Comment

no one said he was afraid of paulie, but the fact that he is no taking the rematch and fighting someone like maidana is really good

Comment

Its a loose loose situation for Broner. If he fights Paulie people will be calling it another cherry pick fight. If he doesn't fight Paulie then 5 years down the line people will be saying he ducked a rematch. Just move on to some new blood already. There's still questions that need to be answered about Broner and there not going to be answered fighting against Paulie.

Comment

rematch not necessary. he needs to fight tougher comp. maidana a good start if it happens.

Comment

Pauli needs to retire now, go out with some dignity from this close fight, don't go out fighting another Kahn that completely destroyed him and took his manhood.
                RIP Pauli the fighter, hello Pauli the announcer.

Comment

Why would there be a rematch, he beat him easily

Comment

I knew he would duck paulie..
                    Paulie showed him whats up.
                    Finally faught a guy not on the payroll to roll over.
                    Broner supposedly had better attributes and was younger and
                    Got outboxed by paulie. Having more power means nothing, its just a plus and broner didnt have that. Paulie was outpointing broner
                    . Funny that even the broner judge had it 115 -113.
                    That 117 scorecard was a sham , it was corrupt.
                    Broner got exposed by paulie malignaggi
                    Last edited by Jc8804; 08-14-2013, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X