No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach: No April Tuneup, I Want Pacquiao-Marquez 5 Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Roach: No April Tuneup, I Want Pacquiao-Marquez 5 Next

As BoxingScene.com recently reported, there are plans in motion to stage an April show, either on April 13 or April 20, with Manny Pacquiao and Juan Manuel Marquez in separate fights - either from the same location or from different venues.

Marquez (55-6-1, 40KOs) and Pacquiao (54-5-2, 38KOs) are going to have tuneup bouts to further hype a potential fifth meeting in September. On December 8th they met for a fourth time and Marquez knocked Pacquiao out in the sixth round. Most outlets voted their match as the "Fight of The Year." [Click Here To Read More]

maybe you do maybe you dont, trainers dont pick fights. its all up to arum

Comment

probably be another good fight. but say pacquiao wins part 5, marquez will want part 6! and so on!

Comment

roach sounds too confident for his own good. i'm starting to think he's the cause of pacquiao's loss to marquez. tune up fight is a good thing, it serves a specific purpose, and in this case, it reignites pacquiao's confidence. roach looking past pacquiao's next opponent (maybe vargas or senchenko) which is a big mistake

Comment

i would advise both guys to retire.........especially marquez seeing as how he's almost 40.

& pac will only receive brain damage from this point on.........

but to say that pac doesn't need a soft touch (if he were to continue fighting) is a little selfish & foolish.

Comment

Im with Roach on this. Get back in the Ring. Manny isnt having problems with the loss. Hes pissed more than anything at himself. His whole career hes been getting shlt about being reckless jumping in! You fight a guy 5 times...hes gonna figure you out. You underestimate he hasnt...you gonna get KTFO! He knows this now! Now its Manny that will come in with a changed Plan!

Comment

No thanks. He'll probably get blitzed again by a 40 yr old.

Comment

It doesn't matter what Roach wants. It's "all up to my promoter Bob Arum."

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
                  probably be another good fight. but say pacquiao wins part 5, marquez will want part 6! and so on!
                  I've been complaining about this since after the 3rd fight. Marquez will need to stop Pac one more time for it to be over.

Comment

Roach is right. No tune up. Tune up is gay.

Comment

Working...
                    X