Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's Be Honest People, Floyd "Money" Mayweather Is The Reason Boxing Has Returned

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burner View Post
    The talent disparity between Pac and Floyd will say it all..Floyd is on a level that cant be matched for his era.
    i believe you.

At 145 pounds....Cotto beats his ass into the ground.

No ifs ands or maybe's.

Diaz was a joke.

Oscar was a zombie.

Hatton fought like an idiot.

Cotto is going to man handle his ass.

Comment

The talent disparity between Pac and Floyd will say it all..Floyd is on a level that cant be matched for his era.
      talent and skills have nothing to do with it... boxing is at this high point now because pacquiao has turned into a superstar, and unlike mayweather has had fights that people enjoy watching and are willing to pay for.

Comment

Steroid ****

Egg roll + steroid = Pac. I still really puzzle that till now you still believe that Pac is on something and the source is Floyd Sr ? As I know before and after Pac fight he undergo testing by the authorized Nevada something organization from this substance that Floyd Sr is claiming and found negative. If these people don't believe in the result issued by that respected testing organization then who would yo believe.? Maybe Mayweather Sr and the likes of him should be the one to undergo testing not in steroid but i reckon mental test.

Comment

Originally posted by edfel View Post
          Egg roll + steroid = Pac. I still really puzzle that till now you still believe that Pac is on something and the source is Floyd Sr ? As I know before and after Pac fight he undergo testing by the authorized Nevada something organization from this substance that Floyd Sr is claiming and found negative. If these people don't believe in the result issued by that respected testing organization then who would yo believe.? Maybe Mayweather Sr and the likes of him should be the one to undergo testing not in steroid but i reckon mental test.
          dude drop this neverending subject. theres already 18283619211 million topics on this. Sr was an ex drug dealer and well leave it to that.

Comment

lets be honest floyd didt do **** and pacman didt do **** ethier. pac is by far the weakest superstar in the last year 5 yrs. it not like it was 10 yrs were their were many superstars. the last real superstar was jcc after that you got some very weak ass comp and weak ass superstars. come on now here are your superstars not counting old school fighters still in the game pbf,diaz,chavez jr,pac,bradly,juan diaz,guzman,jumma etc these are some weak ass superstars. not one fighter in the last 5yrs has really spark world wide attention the close is floyd

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
              Everyone I know that only watches boxing when ppv events come on are raving about Pac. They all say that Floyd is scared of the "great little fighter" but they are just fans, what do they know?
              Then for Floyd to obliterate that image that he is scared of the "great little fighter" why then he don't show it by fighting fighters of his caliber and not choosing fighters that he already knows he will win before the fight starts. If the fans are just fans and they don't know nothing and the only way they know boxing is from what they read and see then why Floyd don't show them that he is not a scared dumb in a way that fans would understand. Don't expect the fans to understand the deeper technical point of boxing only the boxers would understand. It is what the fans sees, what the fans understand but bear in mind that this fans are the paying patrons

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. President View Post
                First off, i'm not one of those people who ever thought boxing was dying. It obviously went through a dark patch for a couple of years and it's no coincidence that it's darkest time in recent memory was the 2 years Mayweather was retired.

While he was on hiatus, that gave the UFC room to gain some traction because boxing didnt have any stars capable of filling his shoes. It created this myth that the UFC was taking boxings spot which was swiftly shot down when Mayweather made his return against Marquez. Top Rank and HBO deserve some credit too for using their hype machine to convince people who don't know a lot about the sport that Pacquiao is as good as they claim he is, but clearly Mayweather was the driving force behind boxing making it's comeback.

The timeline of when boxing started "dying" then made it's return fits Mayweathers retirement schedule to a tee. Being the great sportsman that he is, Floyd has never brought it up but the guy deserves credit for almost single handedly putting the spark back into the sport.

actually Flawless,

the rough, dark patch was when AFraid Mayweather jr. & roy jones jr. were p4p kings.

Comment

You really can't take anything the TS says seriously. Just to give you an idea on how idiotic this moron is, please click the link below...

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=324183

Comment

All Pac has to do to be up there with Floyd is: Do a WWE gig, hang out with 50 cent, do dancing with the stars and he will have all the recognition that Floyd has.

LOL, have you guys ever stopped to think how Floyd got so popular? Ever wonder why he markets himself by doing these other stunts? He is not popular because of boxing ya'll, it's because of his extra curriculars and his friends

Comment

Dont thinks so. Only floyd fans believe that floyd revived boxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X