Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sugar Shane Mosley's Last Stand or a New Beginning?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sugar Shane Mosley's Last Stand or a New Beginning?

By Thomas Gerbasi - Shane Mosley never made it to 39-0 like his Saturday opponent, Saul “Canelo” Alvarez, who also has a draw on that otherwise spotless record. But when he entered the ring at Madison Square Garden’s Theater to face Vernon Forrest in January of 2002, 38-0 was enough to make the then-welterweight and former lightweight champion feel like that “0” would last forever.

“It was a good time in my career,” Mosley told BoxingScene. “I felt that I was unstoppable and felt nobody could beat me. I felt that I was gonna go on to be undefeated.”

The great ones always do. It’s why you hear this weekend’s main eventer, Floyd Mayweather, go on incessantly about his unbeaten record, almost considering his fight with Miguel Cotto to be a done deal before the opening bell even sounds. Mosley lost that night to the late Forrest via unanimous decision, and six more defeats have followed. [Click Here To Read More]

I told my folks to don't sleep on Mosley! Dude can pull an upset.
    All or nada, Chugar Shane!

Comment

God i hope this is the last of roidsely

Comment

Even if Shane beats Canelo he should ride off with a Win.. thats a big IF..

Comment

Mosley: "When Pacquiao hit me and knocked me down, I was like 'oh ****."

Comment

I could see Mosley winning against the inexperienced Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by GoogleMe View Post
              I could see Mosley winning against the inexperienced Canelo.
              I can't. Mosley is badly shot

Comment

i see mosley getting beat up through 8 or 9 rounds for a late tko

Comment

Originally posted by House of Stone View Post
                  i see mosley getting beat up through 8 or 9 rounds for a late tko
                  Possible, but not likely ending by knockout for Canelo. Mosley's survival mechanism was exposed in his last fight. It's in his nature to backpedal when overwhelmed.

Comment

Hopefully Mosley puts up a fight and makes it competitive

Comment

Working...
                    X