Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Internet is an ugly, ugly place.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was racism before they internet, some people are just dickheads.

Comment

Holy sheeet, that's a crazy ass website, confederate flags everywhere.

They were going ape shyt when they found out the blondie from iCarly was dating 7'0" NBA star Andre Drummond. Horrible comments in that thread. Here's the pics they were mad about.

Comment

Speaking of the intranet and racism, it got pretty ugly the moment Miss America was crowned. An Indian-American subjected to terrorist slurs/insults.

It's called a lack of education mixed with plain ignorance. Sadly it will not change. I've seen plenty of it, and the way some of the youth get brought up; that mindset certain people carry will contunue into their next generation.

Comment

Originally posted by E.P.T. View Post
          Holy sheeet, that's a crazy ass website, confederate flags everywhere.

They were going ape shyt when they found out the blondie from iCarly was dating 7'0" NBA star Andre Drummond. Horrible comments in that thread. Here's the pics they were mad about.

Yes, there are some horrible comments in that thread. I'm going to report that website.

Comment

Originally posted by Trigger H:) View Post
            Ok, you can control what your kid sees at home but what about when that child it a tfriends house?
            If I had children, I wouldn't send them to the house of a child whose parents let them surf the internet unsupervised.

I wouldn't be a ****ty parent.

My dad was/is racist, but he raised me not to be that way, breaking a multi-generational chain of hatred, because he wanted me to be different.

And it worked.

Comment

Yes, there are some horrible comments in that thread. I'm going to report that website.
              I'm not trying to mess with you here, honestly. I think you're right, these types of unprovoked acts of hatred are intolerable.

But what do you plan to do? I mean, where...is there a place on the internet where you report stuff like that?

There's always going to be people who don't like you. Maybe because of your skin color, or whatever else.

Or maybe it's because you are trying to form an opinion for them, or prevent them from doing so.

Comment

There was an NPR blog about how crossfit is a racist cult. I googled "crossfit racist" and it led me to that site.
                I think that the blog is more harmful than any overt moron site. Crossfit is "a racist cult"? How utterly stupid.

It think freedom of speech should be taken away when it comes down to racism.
                I take issue with this. Freedom of speech is precious and the most valuable speech is the speech you take the most issue with.

It's also better to let these mouth breathers have their little space so they don't interrupt the rest of us with their nonsense. As well as giving normal people a handy means of keeping an eye on the lunatics!

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post

I take issue with this. Freedom of speech is precious and the most valuable speech is the speech you take the most issue with.

It's also better to let these mouth breathers have their little space so they don't interrupt the rest of us with their nonsense. As well as giving normal people a handy means of keeping an eye on the lunatics!
                  Exactly.

And you can't have it both ways. "Free speech is okay, until I am offended by it."

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                    So what exactly brought you to that site? Were you just at the house and starting thinking to yourself "You know, i'm in the mood for some good old fashioned kneegrow hating, let's see what the web has to offer"?

Comment

Originally posted by RlCKY View Post
                      Exactly.

And you can't have it both ways. "Free speech is okay, until I am offended by it."
                      Take extreme religious speech. Everyone here knows it offends me, but I defend the right of idiots to use it and I vigorously exercise my right to refute it.

Comment

Working...
                      X