Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Broner vs. Burns Fight is Very Possible

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
    it's a way of letting off frustration............in other words, "they mad"

matthysse is the now the savor who will knock off the big bad wolf in broner..........matthyesse is bigger and stronger but even then i don't think he "kills" broner. without the knock downs against judah he lost that fight on my card (out boxed)............

people are too emotionally driven when it comes to boxing...........
    It's frustrating man. Matthysse, Matthysse, Matthysse, Matthysse.

Matthysse was robbed, Matthysse is undefeated, Matthysse is being avoided, Matthysse KO's anybody from 135-147, Matthysse walks on water.

We get it, the guy can fight and if he continues to do what he's doing, he will be a world champion. I like the guy too. He's a great fighter that keeps getting better and betterBut damn. After every title fight from 135-147, somebody brings up Matthysse and how he will murder everyone in the history of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
      I don't think it will. Broner will have 2-3 more fights at 135. Burns, Abril/Boegere and maybe a mini-megafight with Gamboa. We're talking all of 2013 and worst case early 2014. So its not happening next year.

Then let's say he moves up to 140. We're in 2014 now. He's not going to fight Matthysse if a title is not on the line. So either Matthysse will have to be a title holder by that time, and that's assuming that he hasn't already moved up to 147 by that time.

That fight is just so far away from happening and depends on several scenarios that can take place over the next 2-3 years.
      Damn, that is a long way. 140 might be ripe for the picking once Broner decides to move up. I definitely agree that Matts needs a title around his waist. I think beating Garcia would make him the 140lb kingpin, and it seems like Broner will only be fighting the top guys like Mayweather. I think Broner will stay @135 until Garcia loses the belt.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
        Peterson is physical and likes to fight on the inside, but he isn't as fast or heavy-handed as Broner. Matthysse would provide the stiffest test.
        Broner isn't heavy handed, you have to remember this was Demarco he was fighting, a little guy himself, Peterson was 155 fight night for his last outing, he's likely grown since then. He could handle Broner's power and his height makes up for the speed

Comment

Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
          Broner isn't heavy handed, you have to remember this was Demarco he was fighting, a little guy himself, Peterson was 155 fight night for his last outing, he's likely grown since then. He could handle Broner's power and his height makes up for the speed
          DeMarco's right eye swelled up quickly in the first round. I know that isn't definitive proof of his heavy-handedness, but he does have power to speak of. He throws his shots with proper technique and is looking to hurt his opponent. We'll see how his power translates to 140 when he moves up. Peterson is a tough dude, but I do think Broner has more pop than him.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
            Damn, that is a long way. 140 might be ripe for the picking once Broner decides to move up. I definitely agree that Matts needs a title around his waist. I think beating Garcia would make him the 140lb kingpin, and it seems like Broner will only be fighting the top guys like Mayweather. I think Broner will stay @135 until Garcia loses the belt.
            That makes the most business sense for Haymon and GBP.

I think you will see Garcia fight Judah, Matthysse and Khan again depending on how he looks in his next fight.

Comment

Broner is huuge for a lightweight, plus no real good fighters at 135. Burns is a good fighter. but until he moves up to 140, he'll be a biiig favorite over any fighter. Im not gonna think theres a realistic possibility for him to lose until he goes up to 140. and even then, I would favor him over Garcia, Khan or Peterson. Mattyse v Broner would be a tremendous fight, but GBP will try to avoid that as much as possible. they dont even wanna put garcia in wit him, theyre def not gonna want to put a potential american superstar like Broner in wit Matthyse who was no mainstream appeal at all

Comment

Broner won't move up to 140 till Garcia and the rest of the 140 class move to welter Lucas ,Garcia and maybe even khan beat broner

Comment

Don't particularly like Broner, but he's a real good fighter and potentially special. I can't see Burns beating him at all.

Comment

'35 is a weak divison & I can't call burns champ as broner is...but till he fights better competition he's not in the same breath as Floyd...mayb vs Malanaggi...Rios can't make '40 & is 2 slow...

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                      It's frustrating man. Matthysse, Matthysse, Matthysse, Matthysse.

Matthysse was robbed, Matthysse is undefeated, Matthysse is being avoided, Matthysse KO's anybody from 135-147, Matthysse walks on water.

We get it, the guy can fight and if he continues to do what he's doing, he will be a world champion. I like the guy too. He's a great fighter that keeps getting better and betterBut damn. After every title fight from 135-147, somebody brings up Matthysse and how he will murder everyone in the history of the world.
                      Save for the last "Matthysse", it's ALL TRUE - Garcia's team already said they're not fighting the mandatory and that is *drum roll*......Matthysse. Broner moves up (legit) and everyone has him fighting every & anyone from 135-147. This man just got to 135 & people are carrying on like this, when a man has paid his dues & is getting shyted on? No, that's frustrating........

Comment

Working...
                      X