Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Wladimir be warned more for holding?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes he should... he gets a pass on it because it's something he implemented into his game to improve himself and has gotten good results because of it. It's looked at as a "smart" strategic adjustment and not perceived as negatively as it probably should be.

Comment

No he shouldn't because he's white. You can only bring up holding when it pertains to black fighters on this site apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
        Yes he should... he gets a pass on it because it's something he implemented into his game to improve himself and has gotten good results because of it. It's looked at as a "smart" strategic adjustment and not perceived as negatively as it probably should be.
        That's a pretty good analysis.

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
          Excellent post. This applies to Andre Ward also.

Comment

This and how he just stick his left hand in his opponents face, he aint trowing no punch just using it to keep his opponent from getting in on the inside. I'm pretty sure that's illegal?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Haynes View Post
              Excellent post. This applies to Andre Ward also.

Go watch Ward-Froch. Round 4,5, and 9. Ward gets close and clinches too much, the ref automatically pushes him away.

Taylor vs Pavlik. Taylor holds mid rounds, Ref pushes him and say 'stop it Jermaine, stop it now'

I'm not saying that it will change the outcome of every single Wlad fight, but Wlad have no inside game and zero inside fighting, that is a giant attribute missing from his arsenal that other fighters could have taken full advantage of if the refs in Germany were more strict.

Case in point:

Wladimir vs Lamont Brewster.
              He clinches prior to the first kd, he holds on and instead of fighting he just grips Brewster. Ref roughly pushes him apart, he tries to hold again, gets pushed apart again..

He stops holding, BAM Brewster hits him with a giant hook and that was all she wrote.

If the ref who did the Haye fight was working the Brewster fight, Wlad might have just excessive clinch his way to a UD.

Comment

only in the fights where ****ing all he does is paw the jab, paw the jab, lean on them. It is terrible and he absolutely should get warned for it. Point deductions likely wouldn't be necessary unless he continued at an obscene rate.

Comment

Winky vs Hopkins

Hopkins was warned in round 6 for excessive holing lol and the dude kept doign it he should have been Dq'ed lol oh manthat was such a ****ty fight hops should have lost bigtime!

i think there were upwards of 150 holds in that fight my gawd it was terrible!

Comment

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
                    He didn't hold much against Wach (For his standards) mainly because Wach was a standing punching bag.

But I noticed Wladimir excessively holds and clinches against the vast majority of his opponents. He never even got warned since the Peter I fight.

I just watched a lot of Lewis fights, Ward fights, Mayweather fights.
                    I can't help but notice the refs in America and refs in England tend to break up the holding and warn fighters regarding excessive holding.

Lewis- Tyson. Lennox got a point taken away. Etc.

I honestly feel that holding is part of Wladimir's comfort zone. If you take that away, you take away a huge part of what makes him comfortable as a fighter. This is vital. Imagine David Haye fighting Wlad on the inside. Maybe Wlad will freak out and go into panic mode.

I'm not saying Wlad should get DQED but at least some warning?
                    I haven't seen Wlad warned once. He was only warned against Samuel Peter I in the United States.

And what a concidence? He was floored multiple times in that fight and looked extremely shaky.
                    NO! he needs to be deducted points for it. One thing is hold but another is holding and hitting and that is exactly what he does, but the illegal tactic that gets to me worst is the way he sticks his left hand out and leaves it resting on his opponents head measuring it to throw his right
                    that ish is totally illegal and he should be warned and deducted points for that too
                    the sad thing is that he doesnt need to do neither to win but he still does. I gues if you can get away with it why not right?
                    oh well thats just my op

Comment

Originally posted by Dudley View Post
                      Hopkins was warned in round 6 for excessive holing lol and the dude kept doign it he should have been Dq'ed lol oh manthat was such a ****ty fight hops should have lost bigtime!

i think there were upwards of 150 holds in that fight my gawd it was terrible!
                      In the Klitschko v Mormeck fight Wlad held 41 times in 3 rounds.

Comment

Working...
                      X