No announcement yet.

Let's Be Honest, Floyd Mayweather Is The Reason 90% Of You Still Follow Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cornholioda3rd View Post
    A man that fights twice a year is keeping the sport of boxing alive?
    I find it hard to believe that as a boxing fan, you could only follow 1 fighter.
    That's why I don't get pac tards and flo mos.
    What you're failing to understand is the sport is in terrible shape right now from a talent standpoint. There's no serious prospects or legitimate stars outside of Floyd and Pacquiao (because people want to see him fight Mayweather) so people have resorted to following bottom of the barrell fighters like Amir Kahn and Timothy Bradley.

In any other era of boxing these types of fighters would be irrelevant. Boxing fans today pretend to care about them but the truth is, when they log onto check the latest boxing news they're more interested in what Floyd has going on. They might not come out and admit it but in the back of their minds they know it's the truth.

Comment

• these dumb TS Starters like this dude are ******ed. Do you guys even put thought into your threads or do you guys just spew randomness all day. Mayweather fans Why are you guys like this? is it in your genes or could it be malnutrition cause Pacquaio fans are like this as well but I blame malnutrition for them.

Fact is most people who watch Mayweather Fights do so to see him lose! lol how is that even following the sport? Most people are disgusted by Mayweather. Additionally Mayweather only fights once a year at best, So you saying 90 percent of the Sport fanbase is doing nothing all year but waiting for a Mayweather fight LOL.

Comment

• The sport is in a terrible state because of all the yahoo clown organizations handing out belts to who they want and promoters bleeding the fighters dry.
        Lastly the fighters themselves ducking and cherry picking for easy fights.
        Boxing needs one governing body to enforce everything and it could be bigger than MLB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. President View Post
          Put your money where your mouth is and start a thread in boxing history. We can go point for point on a random subject of another posters choosing and we'll see which one of us knows more about the sport.

Mayweather is one of the greatest fighters of all time. The fact that it suprises you that there's people out there who ackowledge that fact says more about you then it does about his fanbase.

Riiiiight. Kind of funny from someone who's threads are 99.9% Mayweather. ****outta here with your groupie ****.

Comment

• This maybe true for some people on here but personally I find all the Mayweather-Pac stuff boring. Don't get me wrong I want it to happen and will be excited as hell to see it but I'm sick of all th BS. Part of me thinks this fight is 4 or 5 years too late anyway.

On boxing as a whole it seems to me everyone is puts too much emphasis on whether a fighter has an '0' I think promoters and fighters are that scared of losing because they think the networks and fans will lose interest that they won't test themselves. I also think that the majority of so called superfights over the last 15 years haven't lived up to the hype.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2501 View Post
              Riiiiight. Kind of funny from someone who's threads are 99.9% Mayweather. ****outta here with your groupie ****.

Comment

Working...
              X