No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Expects To Face Trout, Then Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by "Smokin Sugar" View Post
    Hurting himslef? Oh ya because he's getting so old. He's 21 and has 40 pro fights what are you talking about?
    I apologize I didn't clarify that statement as best as i could have, I meant by threatning not to fight on May 4, who is really going to be affected? Canelo! Mayweather will still sell a million PPV's fighting Kimbo. By pulling out of May 4Canelo would be missing out on a great payday and a chance to become more familiar with casual boxing fans (you know the type that don't come on boxing forums all day like we do) haha
    Last edited by hhwff3000; 01-25-2013, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Somebody will still find a way to complain about this one. Canelo is Tammy shorter money to do this on an undercard. Personally I think it's a bad move, but it is certainly ballsy. Even if you beat trout, you probably won't look good dong it

Comment

Originally posted by ox805er View Post
        i have the feeling mayweather is just dangling the carrot in front of the canelo people to have him on the undercard (recognized as a huge draw already with the mexican crowd and on 5 de mayo weekend) in order to once again sell someone else's fight crowd as his own.. if i were canelo's i'd decline this fight.. he can get tv exposure with HBO anytime he wants.. doesnt need to bolster someone else's pockets with his everso growing fame.. if he's not on the undercare mayweather/guerrero is definatley a snoozer... boring and unwanted by fans.. nobody would watch.. and then at the end of the day mayweather would act like a diva and not face canelo in september, cause he's on steroids.. or he's too big.. or he's not faced anyone worthy of getting a mayweather shot.. paquiao all over again..
        Be serious dude. If Canelo wants to fight Floyd hes going to have to submit to blood testing and he knows this. Where the hell have you been the last 3 or 4 years? And you think Floyds piggy backing off Canelo? Sure 1.5 mil tuned in to see Canelo fight a shot Mosley. Canelo vs Trout is a worthy fight but its not a PPV fight. Mayweather vs whoever is PPV with or without Canelo on the undercard.

Comment

Originally posted by ox805er View Post
          i have the feeling mayweather is just dangling the carrot in front of the canelo people to have him on the undercard (recognized as a huge draw already with the mexican crowd and on 5 de mayo weekend) in order to once again sell someone else's fight crowd as his own.. if i were canelo's i'd decline this fight.. he can get tv exposure with HBO anytime he wants.. doesnt need to bolster someone else's pockets with his everso growing fame.. if he's not on the undercare mayweather/guerrero is definatley a snoozer... boring and unwanted by fans.. nobody would watch.. and then at the end of the day mayweather would act like a diva and not face canelo in september, cause he's on steroids.. or he's too big.. or he's not faced anyone worthy of getting a mayweather shot.. paquiao all over again..
          Don't be stupid, even casual fans know that Mayweather is the man to beat and they will watch him no matter who's on the undercards.

Comment

Originally posted by Starz20 View Post
            Question how many PPV has Canelo headlined? Ok then, and when was the last time Mayweather sold under 1 mil PPV regardless of who was on the undercard? Mosley fight did well, Marquez, Hatton, need I say De La Hoya? Mayweather will sell high PPV regardless of who is on the undercard stop hating dog, it won't stop ****. Their still gonna get paid will, you still will watch, and you still come up with excuses after Floyd wins. But it's cat like you who keep him paid, and keep the cycle going, keep hating then.
            i would understand your point if you didnt mention names like De La Hoya (Mr. real HBO, ppv seller) hatton was establish draw.. mosely had been in big fights for most of hi career, marquez was the king of the LW division that had given pac so much problems, which he could of ko'd but instead made it a snoozefest, gatti was the king of draws due to his wars, cotto is only 3rd on the list of draws behing manny and your boy, victor ortiz had all that buzz after his fight of the year with weak ass berta, who he side blinded, but i will agree with "Protect yourself at all times".. judah was a slick southpaw with prime exposure and speed that posed a legitimate threat.. all this never once i hear a PBF crowd, and most of these not on the level or prime with money.. he became a seller by cherry picking opponents and having their fans buy the fights and then buy other fights just cause he promises wars and delivers sparring matches (exception of cotto, i think he was tested, but dont know about stupid hoyle's 118-110)..

how come you dont name baldomir, mitchell, bruseles, corley chop chop, ndou.. i'm sure those were all PPV mega fights..

Living off of other fighter's fames.. sorry dude.. he's bad and i give him all the boxing credit in the world.. i dont think manny could beat him.. or even the memo marquez do much more than the first one.. maybe martinez.. but he's too big, and fast to risk the precious 0..

he's my 1 p4p.. with maravilla close 2nd..

i'll put up some points that a caneloless (doubt it would happen) mayweather/guerrero doesnt do 1mill..

Comment

Wasn't he in Co-Feature fights on two other Mayweather cards? When Floyd fought Ortiz and Cotto, he fought on the undercard.

Comment

Originally posted by iniduoh View Post
                Don't be stupid, even casual fans know that Mayweather is the man to beat and they will watch him no matter who's on the undercards.
                casual fans dont even know who the **** guerrero is!! or why he's even getting a mayweather shot?? oohhh wait cause he slapped around a steroidless berta.. nice point!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                  Be serious dude. If Canelo wants to fight Floyd hes going to have to submit to blood testing and he knows this. Where the hell have you been the last 3 or 4 years? And you think Floyds piggy backing off Canelo? Sure 1.5 mil tuned in to see Canelo fight a shot Mosley. Canelo vs Trout is a worthy fight but its not a PPV fight. Mayweather vs whoever is PPV with or without Canelo on the undercard.
                  i'm not denying that.. all i'm saying is that mayweather is just trying to live off the biggest boxing followers.. MEXICANS.. by forcing or trying to force arguably the biggext mexican draw on his undercard vs a legitimate opponent where they'd pay to watch that.. sort of donair/hishooka or whatever his name is.. everyone there was for rios/alvarado..

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                    Where all the haters at saying Canelo would never face Trouser Trout?
                    They are waiting in the weeds, shhhhhhh they will call him a hype job/bum even if he beats Trout.

FACT.

Comment

Hell yea canelo

Comment

Working...
                      X