No announcement yet.

I want to ask the experts of the History Section a very important Question:

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BRITISH LlON View Post
    the british commentary was a disgrace. they made it look like Cotto was being outclassed.
    I really cant see how ANYONE in this world can score this fight for Mayweather. a guy moving backwards and getting hit in the face is not winning the fight.
    Cotto won it, I stand by it, I know it. The crowd booed the decision, the crowd knew who won, and Floyd knew it too. Thats why he acted so strange after the fight and interrupted the HBO postfight discussion out of the ring.
    But the mayweather nuthuggery is really huge here on this site. and the Pacquiao hatred probably too. lets not forget mayweather is an american boxer and this is an american forum. pacquiao outclassed Cotto, Mayweather lost to Cotto, but pple dont want to admit.
    He's trolling. Cotto's mom couldn't even score it for him.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
      He's trolling. Cotto's mom couldn't even score it for him.
      actually I went to a german boxing forum after the fight and at least 50 % of the pple said Cotto won the fight.
      its very clear to me that this is an american forum and floyd mayweather is an american boxer. nuff said.
      Cotto won. And if you cant see it, I feel sorry for you. Try watch the fight without sound, but hey, who am I kidding. You guys know who really won the fight, you just dont want to admit it

Comment

A lot of the people on here in this section aren't American.

So your point is moot.

And it was such a robbery then why has there been no outcry about the decision.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          A lot of the people on here in this section aren't American.

So your point is moot.

And it was such a robbery then why has there been no outcry about the decision.
          there was no outcry??? did you watch the fight?? the whole crowd booed!!! Cotto left the ring without giving an interview. I know quite some guys who had it for Cotto or a draw.

Comment

I been following the sport of boxing since 20 years. And I have watched a lot of fights, I mean REALLY a lot of fights in those 20 years, basically I studied boxing history. And after the Mayweather-Cotto fight, I was kinda shocked that most people in the nonstop trolling section here on boxingscene said that Floyd won the fight. And I was shocked cause there is no way in the world Mayweather won this fight. It was a close fight, no doubt, but the commentary of HBO was horrendous, and on my scorecard Cotto won this fight.
            And since I know the nonstop boxing section is filled with trolls and kids who just started watching boxing, and who can easily be influenced by totally biased commentary, I dont really care what these guys say.
            But some guys in the history section actually really do know the sport of boxing, and I care about their opinion. They are the only reason I still post on this site. And I want to ask the real boxing historians: Did Mayweather win the Cotto fight in your opinion?
            Cause in my opinion, he clearly didn't.
            If memory serves I gave Cotto 4 rounds

Comment

there was no outcry??? did you watch the fight?? the whole crowd booed!!! Cotto left the ring without giving an interview. I know quite some guys who had it for Cotto or a draw.
              Yeah, there was no outcry.

The boo's were hardly loud. And the one's that were were for the fan favourite coming up short.

Very few had it for Cotto, that goes for ringside, and fans.

Please, go ahead and take a look at press rows scorecard. Or any experts scorecards for that matter.

Mayweather won the fight, and he won the fight clearly.

Comment

actually I went to a german boxing forum after the fight and at least 50 % of the pple said Cotto won the fight.
                its very clear to me that this is an american forum and floyd mayweather is an american boxer. nuff said.
                Cotto won. And if you cant see it, I feel sorry for you. Try watch the fight without sound, but hey, who am I kidding. You guys know who really won the fight, you just dont want to admit it
                Cotto is from Puerto Rico, not Siberia. He is a very short plane ride from the US, where there are millions of his countrymen living. Puerto Rican boxers have a great history of success and popularity in the US.

Saying you feel sorry for anyone who scored the fight for Cotto indicates that you might be trolling like Carlos suggested. Your opinion is that of a very small minority, and if you stay persistant with this you'll find that nobody here will ever take you seriously.

Comment

Very difficult to judge a fight fairly. That’s why in the 20s, the thought was entertained to abandon any kind of decision. Of course, we need to be told who the winner is officially. Otherwise it takes much of the fun away. And that’s why the no-decision era ended after just at best a decade or so.
                  As TBear alluded to, sometimes it’s even more difficult because of the distribution of the action round by round, and in the fight as a whole. For instance, in the Ali-Norton rubber match of 1976, Norton won by a wide margin half the round by pummelling Ali; and Ali won another half by a very slim margin with pitty-patting jabs. The fight round by round was close, but Norton seemed like he had done so much more! Same thing with guys who are able to steel rounds by fighting hard in the last 45 to 30 seconds. Same thing when it comes to style: a technical demonstration or dominance with a good jab will sometimes seem less convincing than full out attacks or just even a bit more power. Judges are given criterion to judge, but even those criterions are applied subjectively, of course.
                  Moreover, there is this fact that a round is worth, technically speaking, two points in general; giving a round to one fighter rather than the other will make a two points difference on the card. For instance, if you have a 97-93 card on a ten rounder, and a judge reverse is scoring on just one round from a fighter to another, it makes a 96-94 card, which changes things from a good margin to a relatively close one; and many rounds are close in many fights… Now, when you differ only by two rounds, in such occurence, things get obviously complicated from one card to another, yet between two human beings, it’s not a big difference.
                  This being said, Brittish Lion, I must confess that I also felt Mayweather had won the fight. Cotto gave a gallant, very moving effort, like the true champion he is. But Mayweather is the best of his generation. He doesn’t come out as a very likeable guy by any standard. But he is an unbelievable fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                    Cotto is from Puerto Rico, not Siberia. He is a very short plane ride from the US, where there are millions of his countrymen living. Puerto Rican boxers have a great history of success and popularity in the US.

Saying you feel sorry for anyone who scored the fight for Cotto indicates that you might be trolling like Carlos suggested. Your opinion is that of a very small minority, and if you stay persistant with this you'll find that nobody here will ever take you seriously.
                    Cotto is from Puerto Rico, not Siberia. LOL tried to green k you, but couldnt

Comment

And you can find lots of those in NSB.

Look, you came here because you wanted more "expert" opinions than you can get in NSB, right? Now you find out that here there are even less people who scored the fight the way you did, and... now you are sorry for those you expected to be experts,

I had it 9-3 Mayweather. 8-4 cool I guess. 7-5 is already stretching it. I was really impressed by Cotto, and by his intelligence in the first place, but Mayweather won the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X