Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: BJ Flores, Plus Spinks vs Powell, Takes Place on January 28

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: BJ Flores, Plus Spinks vs Powell, Takes Place on January 28

SPRINGFIELD, MO --Tom Morris and FM promotions is glad to team up with Danger boy events/BJ Flores and Don King Productions for two important fights on January 28th. This event will take place at the Shrine Mosque in Springfield Missouri and is starting to turn into a very entertaining night of fighting. Five professional boxing matches will make this a can’t miss event for the people in Springfield, Missouri. #3 WBO world rated Cruiserweight BJ Flores will headline in the main event and Cory Spinks and Sechew Powell face off in an important IBF Jr. Middleweight eliminator fight. Flores is starting to put Springfield, Missouri on the map as far as boxing goes, and he is building an increasingly large fan base in the Springfield area. Flores sold out the last event at the O’Reily Events Center and looks to do the same thing again at the Shrine Mosque on January 28th.

[Click Here To Read More]

no mention who's boxing Flores, another Ianuzzi sort, average, no punch, stands straht up & ezy to hit...FLores announces better than he fights & MO is his top spot, not a big-time draw...Powell should handle spinks if'n he don't get lazt as Spinks has lost soooo much...

Comment

BJ is becoming more popular there, but the O'Reilly Center can hold over 4000 people when you include GA seats. The last show sold nowhere near half of that. Not sure where the 'sold out' came from....

Comment

Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
        no mention who's boxing Flores, another Ianuzzi sort, average, no punch, stands straht up & ezy to hit...FLores announces better than he fights & MO is his top spot, not a big-time draw...Powell should handle spinks if'n he don't get lazt as Spinks has lost soooo much...
        Well, of the options mentioned in the article I've only seen Perry and Graziano. Perry put up a good fight against Kayode but was never a threat to win. Graziano hasn't really fought anybody yet, but I believe him to be the real deal. Pretty athletic with good footwork, and really nice power. I saw him from ringside when he fought a complete nobody. Not a good measuring stick, I'll admit, but he was literally picking the guy up in the air with his body shots. Flores vs. Graziano would be a great fight, and I'm not sure who I'd pick.

I was surprised too when I saw that the last fight (against Jennette) sold out, because that card certainly wasn't about to get me to drive the 3 hours to Springfield and pay for tickets. The fight before that (when he fought Iannuzzi) looked like it might have been a sell out, although in fairness there were several MMA fights on the undercard, and I wouldn't be surprised if 30% or more of the crowd was mostly there for those...sadly.

Comment

Working...
        X