No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia Talks Return, Aims To Unify The Titles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia Talks Return, Aims To Unify The Titles

Newly crowned WBO featherweight champion Miguel Angel Garcia (31-0, 26 KOs) is recovering after his recent win against Orlando Salido (39-12-2, 27 KOs) which took place at Madison Square Garden in New York last month. The unbeaten fighter from Oxnard dominated the Mexican veteran, but suffered a broken nose due to an accidental headbutt. The bout ended by technical decision in the eighth round.

[Click Here To Read More]

the fight should of continued man, broken nose come on man.. this is boxing.

Comment

Chavez: So Mikey, why the hell did you quit?

Mikey: My nose hurt

Last edited by UTEP; 02-16-2013, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Just stop with the nonsense. Salido stood no chance even if Mikey finished the fight with his broken nose. That's why he wants nothing to do with a rematch. He broke his nose with his head, not his fist.

Comment

He dominated the fight why risk an even serious injury when you completely outclass the guy. If it was a close fight then yeah the fight should have went on.

Comment

Salido's M.O. is coming on stronger as the fight goes on. None of the KD's really "hurt" him. I'm not saying he'd win, but give him the chance to do what he has been known to do and don't pull out because your lil nosey hoits.

I hope u r all betr mikie, i love u and i h8ed when i saw ur lil nosey was hoit dont give rematch 2 dat bad man

Comment

Originally posted by GAME2010 View Post
              the fight should of continued man, broken nose come on man.. this is boxing.
              so headbutts are part of boxing??? wow so many stupid people here on this forum. What did salido even do to justify an argument that he could of got a chance?

Comment

Originally posted by periks19 View Post
                so headbutts are part of boxing??? wow so many stupid people here on this forum. What did salido even do to justify an argument that he could of got a chance?
                Oh, I don't know, surviving 4 KD's to come on stronger and not get KD'd after the 4th round. Salido was either going to do what he's so good at, or at least die trying. Pulling out because of a broken nose is ridiculous.

The point is this is boxing, not ****ing ping pong or crochet or some ****. You telling me Garcia had no idea a broken nose was part of a sport where you let somebody else punch you in the face all night long?
                Last edited by samouraļ; 02-16-2013, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by periks19 View Post
                  No they aren't but the dude was well ahead on the scorecards finishing with a "!" in the heart dept. is much more definitive than finishing with "?" in the blood in guts one.

Furthermore, beaten and battered Salido never gave up trying to win despite his broken nose/battered face and down on the scorecards....

Comment

Then why did ur tuff guy openly say he didn't want a rematch? By ur foolish logic that makes him a *****.

Comment

Working...
                    X