No announcement yet.

Greatest Pinoy fighter of all time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greatest Pinoy fighter of all time

It has always been the late great "Flash" Elorde. What will the Pacman have to accomplish to be considered the greatest of all time? Or has he already surpassed the legend?

Pancho Villa is generally regarded as the greatest Filipino fighter of all-time. Then there are others such as Flash Elorde and Cerefino Garcia.

Pacquiao still has a ways to go to be considered the greatest.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaloocboy
      It has always been the late great "Flash" Elorde. What will the Pacman have to accomplish to be considered the greatest of all time? Or has he already surpassed the legend?
      He has massive power, but really needs to improve on technique. The others youre talking about were also good boxers..not just power punchers. Pac needs some work to be both. You cant pass up legends with a great punch alone

Comment

Elorde

I understand from the boxing fans point of view that Pancho Villa could be considered the best Pinoy boxer of all time, but living in the Philippines, even to this day all the people talk about is "Flash" Elorde.

Comment

so does this mean your philopino?

Comment

I bear his name.

Comment

Pinoy Pride Baby!

Comment

I'll tell you, it's tough. There have been so many great Filipino fighters, like Elorde, Penalosa, Villa, Villaflor, and Garcia. I have seen tons of tape from all of the greats, but it's hard to say when you aren't living in that moment. There are moments when I see Pacquiao tearing into Barrera, playing yo-yo with Marquez, and slugging it out with Morales that I swear Pacquiao is the greatest ASIAN fighter of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by asian_sensation
                  I'll tell you, it's tough. There have been so many great Filipino fighters, like Elorde, Penalosa, Villa, Villaflor, and Garcia. I have seen tons of tape from all of the greats, but it's hard to say when you aren't living in that moment. There are moments when I see Pacquiao tearing into Barrera, playing yo-yo with Marquez, and slugging it out with Morales that I swear Pacquiao is the greatest ASIAN fighter of all time.
                  That's a bit of a stretch. Pacquiao isn't in Fighting Harada's league.

Comment

Originally posted by cple
                    That's a bit of a stretch. Pacquiao isn't in Fighting Harada's league.
                    I never said he was the greatest, I'm just saying that since I didn't live in the moment with Harada or Galaxy, it's hard for me to say. I can watch tape all day, it don't make a difference.

Comment

Working...
                    X